Desoto Private School
- Our mission at DeSoto Private School is to provide each child with a strong educational foundation enriched with the values of citizenship, discipline, respect, and love so that they may successfully fulfill their life-long learning goals with commitment, self confidence, and pride.
- DeSoto Private School has a passionate commitment to fostering and promoting the academic, social, and emotional growth of each child by providing an educational experience enhanced with opportunities for character development, leadership, teamwork, and discovery.
- Our staff celebrates the unique talents and gifts of each child that walks through our doors, and we endeavor to be sensitive to the needs of each special family.
- Through our guidance, understanding, and discipline, we strive to encourage feelings of self worth and personal dignity in all our students so that this positive spirit may ensure them a bright future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||257 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Desoto Grades: K-12 | 15 students
1221 E. Parkerville Road
Desoto, TX 75115
(972)230-1838 1.7 K-12
- Dallas Grades: NS-6 | 173 students
1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Dallas, TX 75215
(214)421-5221 12.5 NS-6
- Denton Grades: PK | 100 students
1300 E Pecan Creek Cir
Denton, TX 76210
(940)321-7338 41.1 PK
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?