Corinth Montessori School
Tel: (940) 321-7338
- Corinth Montessori School is closely to the Montessori Method. This method was developed by Italian educator, Dr. Maria Montessori, in the early twentieth century.
- The Method is built upon the idea that children develop and think differently than adults, and that they are competent beings, capable of self-directed learning.
- To encourage this capability, Dr. Montessori developed and refined numerous objects and tools that facilitate every phase of development, from motor skills to concrete knowledge to abstraction.
- Language, mathematics, spatial learning, self-discovery, music and art - they're all incorporated into the Montessori approach.
- We encourage children to work at their own pace in a non-competitive atmosphere, to gain an understanding of themselves and develop a sensitivity to others.
- Children may work alone or in groups, all in an atmosphere of courtesy and respect.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Desoto Grades: PK-6 | 239 students
301 E Beltline Rd
Desoto, TX 75115
(972) 223-6450 41.1 PK-6
- Desoto Grades: K-10 | 18 students
1221 E. Parkerville Road
Desoto, TX 75115
(972) 230-1838 42.5 K-10
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?