Turning Point Christian Academy
TCPA is a Bible governed school servicing grades K-4 thru 12, that seeks to teach discipline, values, beliefs, and principles that are consistent with the Word of God.
Since these principles are taught first in the home, the vision of Turning Point is largely contingent upon parents educating their children, and our staff members assisting them in this process. At Turning Point Christian Academy, our goal is to partner with parents to ensure that everything that is taught at home is reinforced at school, and everything taught at school is reinforced at home.Â At the heart of TPCA is our commitment to help you, the parent, become the educator God designed you to be, as you rear your child in a lifestyle of Holiness and Excellence.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Kindergarten-10
- Enrollment: 18 students
- Yearly Tuition: $400
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Turning Point Christian Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild Language Differences
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Number of AP Courses
Average SAT score
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition for Beginners Class is $425 month. (Pre-K and Kindergarten)
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
- What grades do you serve We serve K-4 through High School. Some 3 year olds can be accepted after the interview process is complete. Do you do any testing Yes. We do a diagnostic test at the beginning of the year to determine the student's foundational knowledge base.Â We also have each child complete a learning styles test to determine which way the student learns best.Â Our middle and high school students complete the ITBS test. What curriculum do you use We use the Bible, Alpha Omega, Bob Jones, ACE and ABEKA. We've determined which programs line up best with the TEKS and Word of God. Curriculum differs by grade level. What is the student/teacher ratio The student to teacher ratio is currently 3:1. TPCA is a small private Christian school and we are looking to keep the student to teacher very low. Do you offer a lunch program Yes. Lunch is offered daily at $3.00/day. What are your fees Tuition is $450/mo for the first child with a 10% discount for each child after that. There is also a non-refundable registration fee of $100 for returning students, and $150 for new students. Your registration fee reserves your spot for the upcoming semester and covers the cost of the testing fees (not including the ITBS test). Book fees are $200/semester. A payment arrangement can be made for book fees. Is there any interview process Yes. The interview process is conducted by a panel which consists of our pastor, administrators, and selected teachers. Both parents, if available, are requried to be in attendance. Is TPCA affiliated with a church TPCA is affiliated with Agape Fellowship Christian Center. Is there a dress code Yes there is a dress code. Guidelines will be outlined upon acceptance to the academy. Describe the spiritual life/atmosphere of the school. The Bible teaches us to train up a child in they way they should go. This mandate was given to parents. However, the conventional workday does not give all parents the opportunity or time to spend eight hours a day teaching and training their children. That is why there is a great need for quality, Christ-centered education.
- At Turning Point Christian Academy, our goal is to support parents in educating their children according to God's Word. This environment promotes healthy communication among students, parents and instructors. A high interest is placed in the relationship between the academy and the parents. It is our belief that the instruction given at the academy be reinforced in the home. Everything we do is driven by the Word of God-from academics to extra curricular activities to lunch time! The students begin each day with praise time, chapel and scripture recitation. We believe if the children are able to "hide the Word in their hearts," they will be protected against the many things that are sure to come against them as they grow older.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Turning Point Christian Academy cost?
Turning Point Christian Academy's tuition is approximately $400 for private students.
What sports does Turning Point Christian Academy offer?
Turning Point Christian Academy offers 2 interscholastic sports: Basketball and Golf.
When is the application deadline for Turning Point Christian Academy?
The application deadline for Turning Point Christian Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Turning Point Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.