- TCPA is a Bible governed school servicing grades K-4 thru 12, that seeks to teach discipline, values, beliefs, and principles that are consistent with the Word of God.
- Since these principles are taught first in the home, the vision of Turning Point is largely contingent upon parents educating their children, and our staff members assisting them in this process. At Turning Point Christian Academy, our goal is to partner with parents to ensure that everything that is taught at home is reinforced at school, and everything taught at school is reinforced at home.Â At the heart of TPCA is our commitment to help you, the parent, become the educator God designed you to be, as you rear your child in a lifestyle of Holiness and Excellence.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Language Differences|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Average SAT score||1290|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for Beginners Class is $425 month. (Pre-K and Kindergarten)|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Chemille Benton|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, GolfBasketball, Golf,
- What grades do you serve? We serve K-4 through High School. Some 3 year olds can be accepted after the interview process is complete. Do you do any testing? Yes. We do a diagnostic test at the beginning of the year to determine the student's foundational knowledge base.Â We also have each child complete a learning styles test to determine which way the student learns best.Â Our middle and high school students complete the ITBS test. What curriculum do you use? We use the Bible, Alpha Omega, Bob Jones, ACE and ABEKA. We've determined which programs line up best with the TEKS and Word of God. Curriculum differs by grade level. What is the student/teacher ratio? The student to teacher ratio is currently 3:1. TPCA is a small private Christian school and we are looking to keep the student to teacher very low. Do you offer a lunch program? Yes. Lunch is offered daily at $3.00/day. What are your fees? Tuition is $450/mo for the first child with a 10% discount for each child after that. There is also a non-refundable registration fee of $100 for returning students, and $150 for new students. Your registration fee reserves your spot for the upcoming semester and covers the cost of the testing fees (not including the ITBS test). Book fees are $200/semester. A payment arrangement can be made for book fees. Is there any interview process? Yes. The interview process is conducted by a panel which consists of our pastor, administrators, and selected teachers. Both parents, if available, are requried to be in attendance. Is TPCA affiliated with a church? TPCA is affiliated with Agape Fellowship Christian Center. Is there a dress code? Yes there is a dress code. Guidelines will be outlined upon acceptance to the academy. Describe the spiritual life/atmosphere of the school. The Bible teaches us to train up a child in they way they should go. This mandate was given to parents. However, the conventional workday does not give all parents the opportunity or time to spend eight hours a day teaching and training their children. That is why there is a great need for quality, Christ-centered education.
- At Turning Point Christian Academy, our goal is to support parents in educating their children according to God's Word. This environment promotes healthy communication among students, parents and instructors. A high interest is placed in the relationship between the academy and the parents. It is our belief that the instruction given at the academy be reinforced in the home. Everything we do is driven by the Word of God-from academics to extra curricular activities to lunch time! The students begin each day with praise time, chapel and scripture recitation. We believe if the children are able to "hide the Word in their hearts," they will be protected against the many things that are sure to come against them as they grow older.
Profile last updated: 07/20/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DesotoGrades: PK-KG | 48 students
512 N Cockrell Hill Rd
Desoto, TX 75115
WaxahachieGrades: K-12 | 172 students
1000 Butcher Road
Waxahachie, TX 75165
DesotoGrades: PK-8 | 102 students
1121 E Pleasant Run Road
Desoto, TX 75115
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.