Denton Calvary Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (940) 320-1944
Denton Calvary Academy Photo #2 - DCA's University-Model takes the best of traditional, public, private and homeschooling and integrates them into one model of education.
Denton Calvary Academy Photo #3 - Students attend classes on a university-style schedule (either two or three days a week) while spending the additional days at home under the guidance of their parents.
Denton Calvary Academy Photo #4 - Through the Arts, students develop communication skills that incorporate creativity and self-expression that will serve them well beyond the classroom.
Denton Calvary Academy Photo #5 - Low teacher to student ratios allow teachers to make student success a top priority.
As Denton`s only University-Model school, DCA offers families the gift of time by blending professional instruction with parental oversight to give students a successful, college-preparatory education set in a Christian environment.
We are a Christ-centered community that seeks to affirm, encourage and equip families as we work together to educate the hearts and minds of our students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||277 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1187|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jul. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,600|
|Tuition Notes||Rates range from $6,800 (K) to $8,600 (12th). Secondary athletics and clubs are an additional fee.|
|Admissions Director||Shelley Hannegan|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
House System, National Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir - Middle School and High School, Drama Club, Jazz Combo, Praise Band
- DCA is a Christ-centered, biblically based, University-Model School dedicated to upholding the importance of family as we partner with committed Christian parents in the education of their children. Accordingly, DCA`s faculty, staff, and coaches are dedicated to the premise that parental involvement is vital to a child`s success in school and in life.
- We have taken the best of traditional, public, private and home schooling and integrated them into one model of education. In light of that, students attend classes on a university-style schedule (either two or three days a week) while spending the additional days at home under the guidance of their parents. Essentially, the University-Model School schedule gives parents the gift of time and the ability to actively participate in their child`s education.
- In summary, the combined strength of dedicated parents at home, passionate teachers at school, and committed coaches both on and off the field creates an environment in which students thrive and develop a passion for learning, both academically and spiritually.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denton Grades: PK-K | 91 students
1300 E Pecan Creek Cir
Denton, TX 76210
(940) 321-7338 1.5 PK-K
Our family has been involved with DCA since the 2nd year it was in existence. We have had 2 students graduate with honors, both of whom were able to enter secular higher education experiences with a little adjustment to the rigor, schedule, or social difficulties often faced by high school students moving forward. The University Model School approach is different... and requires a substantial commitment on the parents (co-teachers) in partnership with the school - but for our family, it has been worth the sacrifice. This is not a perfect school, but it is a good school and the faculty and staff love the students very much. Overall, we are pleased with the level of education (life and academics) DCA has provided for our kids.
- Posted by Parent - IronBeard
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.