5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (940) 382-6771
Selwyn School Photo #2 - Selwyn School provides the most thoroughly individualized, comprehensive and developmentally appropriate array of student-focused experiences in North Texas. Our students grow into independent thinkers and creative problem solvers who are highly resilient, emotionally intelligent leaders prepared for effective citizenship in a global society
Selwyn School Photo #3 - K-12 technology students delve into creative computing (robotics and programming), explore educational technology and become well-versed in the appropriate standards of digital citizenship.
Selwyn School Photo #4 - An outdoor education program builds community and culture, raises expectations and standards, increases connections between students, and develops positive associations around school and the outdoors.
- Selwyn is a private, nonprofit, independent day school for students in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade.
- In our classrooms, students prepare for success through a challenging academic curriculum combined with unique extracurricular activities, fine arts opportunities, and athletic programs.
- Everyone`s voice is essential here at Selwyn, and we work hard to ensure that every student and his or her parents or guardians feel safe and find a place to belong in our community.
- Selwyn School admits students of any race, color, nationality or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of color, national or ethnic origin in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, financial aid, athletic or other school programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||106 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform: khaki or navy bottoms, red, navy or white polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,330|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K $11,215 Kindergarten $14,635 Grades 1-2 $15,315 Grades 3 - 6 $17,240 Middle School Grades 7 - 8 $18,380 Upper School Grades 9 - 12 $21,330 Fine Arts Academy 9-12 $26,330|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jessica Brown|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldArchery, Basketball,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Chess Club, Coding with Kids, National Honor Society, Speech and Debate, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Music, Visual Arts
- Grades Pre-K-12
- Advanced Curriculum
- International Student Program
- Home Schooled Enrichment Opportunity - Grades 7-12
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
This school.is the best thing I could have ever done fit my dins future. The education he receives is superior. Selwyn instills, knowledge, confidence, self-worth, and the arts from a caring environment. I love this school !!!
- Posted by Parent - PJ
Selwyn is a gem in the rough. The highly motivated and nurturing faculty have a huge influence on student success by encouraging each student to discover and excel in their individual strengths. The curriculum is challenging and students often work well above grade level. This is one reason Selwyn graduates have such an easy transition to college and university level work.
- Posted by Parent - mstuc
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.