Destiny Calling Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
- The vision of DCA is to educate the whole person and promote a Spirit of Excellence within each DCA Scholar. DCA Scholars are encouraged to commit to lifelong learning and service to the community. DCA is a foundational building center designed to instill self-worth, pride, and growth in each scholar. We believe in bridging the gap to connect the missing links from where people are to where they can go by building character in every individual. We believe academic, social, emotional, and physical success is key to ensuring the maximum development of each DCA scholar.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,750|
|Tuition Notes||10-month, 11-month, and 12-month payment options.|
|Admissions Director||Vicki Barham|
- Our goal for Destiny Calling Academy is to have every DC (Destiny Calling: DCA scholar) be on or above grade level. Every DC will be able to articulate their daily learning to their parents, teachers, and administration. They will begin to develop short and long-term goals that affect themselves as well as their community. We will build within each child strong character which will invoke a considerate spirit. Lastly, Destiny Calling Academy will teach the true meaning of inclusivity and the celebration of differences in its most basic sense, showing them and letting them see for themselves that their destiny is greatness.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bear Grades: PK-12 | 1117 students
2801 Del Laws Rd
Bear, DE 19701
(302)834-8938 8.3 PK-12
- Bear Grades: PK-12 | 676 students
1390 Red Lion Road
Bear, DE 19701
(302)834-2526 8 PK-12
- Hockessin Grades: PK-12 | 551 students
825 Loveville Rd
Hockessin, DE 19707
(302)239-2121 4.5 PK-12
- Newark Grades: NS-8 | 79 students
302 Darling St
Newark, DE 19702
(302)737-8260 5.2 NS-8
My son LOVES going to school everyday now! He takes responsibility for his homework and is learning to demonstrate better self control both at school and at home. I am so pleased with his progress and thankful for the dedicated staff who diligently work to help my son achieve both academically and socially. This school promotes a since of family that encourages students to do there best and support each other. I also feel like family ! They keep me informed and take any steps need to help there scholars "master their day". Thank you Destiny Calling academy!
- Posted by Parent - K.Levan
I am so excited to hear that Destiny Driven Learning Center would be opening there private school this coming school year. My daughter who is a 8th grader started attending Destiny Driven Learning Center in September 2017 . When she first began she was reading on a 5th grade level and struggling with math, During the course of her tutoring she has progress tremendously her grades have "Sawed" The teachers are amazing!!they give her that one on one time every Saturday and Sunday.The Chancellor is so welcoming and caring. My daughter loves this place. She will be starting her first year of High School at DCA this coming August 2018. we are so excited!!Thanks again to the Chancellor,teacher's and Admin D for taking out the time to instill into her that education is the key factor to having an successful life!!!! Thanks YouMs. Crawford
- Posted by Parent - Ms. Crawford
I am extremely excited to hear that Destiny Calling Academy is opening up their school. I had the pleasure of meeting the teachers at Destiny Driven Ministries' amazing free tutoring program called, Destiny Driven Learning Center (DDLC). The teachers there are amazing! And when they told me they were opening up DCA, I was beyond happy. The Sr. Pastor, who will be the Chancellor is so personable, warm and caring, along with the Principal, Assistant Principal, and AdminD. Their free tutoring program is on Saturdays and Sundays, and my son loves it!. The setting is small (which I love), but they are always doing something huge for the kids! They have it set up like a school. They feed the children, and also give them snacks. They spend one-on-one time with the children when needed. My son was not liking school at all. I kept getting emails and calls from his teacher that he seemed distant and not wanting to participate, etc. I placed my son in the DDLC tutoring program and he has done a 360 turnaround. Amazing! I can't thank the Chancellor and the teachers enough.
- Posted by Parent - V. Stewart
My daughter has been attending Destiny Driven Learning Center since September of 2017 and I am amazed at her progress. She is currently in Kindergarten but reading on a 2nd grade level. When her tutor informed me they would be opening a private school I was beyond excited. It is refreshing to find an academic institution that have faculty who's sole purpose is to educate and care for your kids. The interactions with her soon to be teacher was amazing. I love the curriculum and focus they have on developing the child as whole beyond the academics. My daughter cannot wait until the this school year is over so she can start her new school DCA!
- Posted by Parent - Mrs. Walsh
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.