Developmental Disabilities Institute
- At Development Disabilities Institute, The Children's Day Services is a division of Developmental Disabilities Institute, operates a state approved full day (6 hour) special education program for students between 5 and 21 years of age.
- The program is specifically designed for those students who display evidence of Autism or Pervasive Developmental Disorder.
- There are currently over 190 students receiving educational services in this program.
- In addition to providing a highly structured learning experience, the program also offers speech/language services, adaptive physical education, occupational and physical therapy, clinical, and vocational services and intensive parent training programs.
- The primary goal of Children's Day Services is to teach all of our students the communicative, learning, social and vocational skills necessary for successful participation at home, school, and in various community settings.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||234 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Developmental Disabilities Institute also viewed these schools: Winston Preparatory School NY.