Devereux In Ny
Tel: (845) 758-1899
- Devereux New York provides a wide range of clinical and educational services for 100 residentially-placed children and adolescents who are dually diagnosed with developmental disabilities/mental retardation and psychiatric/behavioral disorders.
- The developmental disabilities include various disorders, although there are significant subpopulations of individuals with autism and Prader-Willi Syndrome.
- The psychiatric disorders include ADHD, Intermittent Explosive Disorder, PTSD, and various affective and psychotic illnesses.
- The population ranges from eight to twenty-one years of age.
- In addition to the on-campus program, the New York Center provides day services to five community-based youngsters with similar demographic characteristics.
- The New York Center also operates five nearby IRA facilities, accommodating eighteen developmentally-disabled adults.
- The Center provides full day, intensive educational and behavioral interventions to children with autism at its Westchester County site.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.