Tel: (617) 333-9876
- Discovery Schoolhouse provides full and part day, year-round, educational childcare to children two-years-nine-months through Kindergarten, as well as some after school care for children seven through nine.
- The program uses an interactive, child-centered, developmentally appropriate approach which assumes that children learn through active participation and discovery.
- The curriculum emphasizes child-initiated activities, problem solving, fostering independence, social skills, respecting cultural diversity, creativity, and individuality.
- At Discovery Schoolhouse each child is respected as an individual and given maximum support for learning and development.
- The curriculum is designed to nurture the development of the whole child, addressing cognitive, intellectual, social, emotional, ethical, and physical needs.
- The curriculum and classrooms at Discovery Schoolhouse are designed so that children have a wide variety of appropriate activities available to them.
- Teachers are active facilitators of children's learning, constantly adjusting the curriculum to meet the needs and interests of each child.
- Teachers act as guides, helping children make choices, work out and discuss conflicts with their friends, answering and asking questions, modeling appropriate behavior, and monitoring children's progress.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hyde Park Grades: NS-3 | 5 students
268 Fairmount Ave
Hyde Park, MA 02136
(617) 792-4032 0.5 NS-3
- Milton Grades: PK-K | 72 students
180 Blue Hill Ave
Milton, MA 02186
(617) 696-4222 1.8 PK-K
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.