Discovery World Montessori
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Discovery World Montessori is dedicated to providing the ideal learning environment for children using the Montessori philosophy.
- Our child-centered, holistic and positive approach to education excites the minds and imagination of all our students.
- We encourage learning and teach children to think. Our school is a fully equipped Montessori environment.
- The curriculum is designed to help children grow at their own pace, gain self-confidence and independence, as well as promote academic achievement.
- In our school the children receive nurturing attention at all times.
- Our mission is to provide an environment where children will find mutual respect, order, co-operation, freedom of choice within limits and the opportunity to expand themselves to their fullest potential.
- The Discovery World Montessori offers various programs for children starting at age 6 weeks and includes kindergarten and elementary age children.
- In addition to the Montessori program we are proud to offer an infant care program.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||53 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Debbie Lewis|
|Admissions Associate||Ranjanie Serasinghe|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Corona Grades: PK-8 | 147 students
260 W Ontario Ave
Corona, CA 92882
(951)371-6731 18.7 PK-8
- Diamond Bar Grades: PK-K | 42 students
23555 Palomino Dr
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
(909)396-8747 2.6 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-8 | 281 students
16000 Mulholland Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310)476-6421 37.5 PK-8
My son has been attending Discovery World Montessori since he was 20 months old. The teachers there are great at what they do. Ms. Waffa was my son's first teacher. She was terrific at disciplining and getting him comfortable with his new surroundings. His kindergarten teacher, Ms. Cindy, taught him addition, subtraction, and writing composition. His elementary teacher, Ms. Marie, taught him multiplication and division WHEN HE WAS 1st GRADE! He was more advanced than his cousins, a second grader and third grader attending other private schools. Last year my son's 3rd grade SAT scores were way above his grade level. His Reading tested at the 5th grade equivalent. His Spelling, Writing, and Social Studies were tested at 8th grade equivalent. His Mathematics and Science were tested at 10th grade equivalent. My son is now in 4th grade. I can hardly wait what he will accomplish this year. The only thing I worry about is finding another school or teacher like Ms. Marie when he moves into sixth grade. Sadly, Discovery World Montessori doesn't offer classes beyond fifth grade. It's hard to find people especially teachers that care and are concerned about teaching the right stuff to develop young minds rather than just spewing out a curriculum.
- Posted by Parent - Vikki
This school is the best ever school we found since we moved from another state. We did visit all the schools in Diamond Bar/ Walnut prior to enrolling our two children. The director was very friendly and the administrator provided the guided tour. The way she described the child's growth with Montessori method was so easy to understand and we were sorry for loosing our first child's few years of sensitive period in another school. One thing unique of this school is that all the staff members are happy and caring with great attitude. Another important thing was the school campus is well secured and they have two large playgrounds with large play equipment and a large canopy to protect children from sunburn. None of the other schools had all these in a package. Thanks to great school we found our second home for our children.
- Posted by Parent - mdesi
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.