Our eighth graders make an annual week-long trip to Washington, DC; including Williamsburg, VA and the settlement at Jamestown.
Our junior high students investigating and learning the internal workings of computers in our science curriculum.
Mt. Calvary boys basketball (we also have girls basketball), which competes with other challenging teams in our district.
Our 4th graders make an annual trip to Sacramento and San Francisco to further investigate the California curriculum taught during this school year.
Mt. Calvary girls volleyball which competes with other Lutheran schools in our district. A fun way to meet new friends, build skills and develop new sports abilities.
- Mt. Calvary Lutheran School is a Pre-K through eighth grade elementary campus, located in the beautiful community of Diamond Bar, California.
- We provide a Christ-centered education of excellence to the whole child and each family of our school.
- Mt. Calvary Lutheran School is fully accredited by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). We offer I-20 visiting student as well.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See our website for current tuition costs and details.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Associate||Ann Lovell|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Flag Football, Track and Field,
- Mt. Calvary Lutheran school includes Pre-K, Elementary, and Junior High Campuses. We offer advanced math, computer skills and sports programs for all ages. We maintain our academic standards by providing our students with superior curriculum, technology-based instruction through our state-of-the art computer lab, in-class Chromebook tablets, and collaborative student assignments using Google Classroom. After school care is available to assist our working families and their busy schedules. Full time and part time preschool (age 2+) is available with academic training included for age appropriate care. We offer I-20 visiting students as well.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Rowland HeightsGrades: NS-12
18550 Farjardo St.
Rowland Heights, CA 91789
Diamond BarGrades: NS-5 | 95 students
23555 Palomino Dr
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
La VerneGrades: PK-12 | 101 students
2990 Damien Ave
La Verne, CA 91750
GlendoraGrades: PK-8 | 817 students
242 W Baseline Rd
Glendora, CA 91740
AnaheimGrades: PK-8 | 86 students
191 S Old Springs Rd
Anaheim, CA 92808
My four year old son is finishing his first year at Mt Calvary's preschool. We had him go twice a week / half day. I'm amazed at what he has learned in that short amount of time. I would definitely say it is not baby sitting. He is being taught kindergarten curriculum in math and writing. I see him more advanced going into kinder then his sibling did two years ago (went to a different preschool). I've also been impressed with their constant teaching of the bible and how it's integrated in daily lessons. My son has grown academically as well as spiritually. As a result, we've decided to enroll both our kids into their k-8 program next year.Update: Kids are loving their school and friends! I would say I have found the curriculum to be much more advanced then at the public school. My second grader has had to catch up a bit, but is doing really well. I love the staff and families that attend. Everyone is so happy and friendly. It's really a "community" feeling. I also like the enrichment programs they offer afterschool; my kids are taking piano right after school!
- Posted by Parent - Sunny D
We love Mt Calvary Lutheran School. The academic program is impressive. The staff and administration provide a pro-gram that is seamless and focused. Learning is taught in an environment that promotes critical thinking across the educational spectrum. My children are taught Christian character values, self reliance, accountability, time management skills, and research skills in addition to the academic program. The skills my Daughters learn at Mt Calvary were immediately recognized by their high school teachers at Cal Poly and are in force today in their everyday life.... Two Valedictorians and one Salutatorian! You can't do that at a Unified School District! Peter P
- Posted by Parent - petey
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.