East Mountain School
- East Mountain School, established in 1980 offers a co-educational program for seventh - twelfth grade classified special education students.
- The school provides quality special education and therapeutic services for adolscents affected by behavioral and psychiatric disorders.
- The school offers a safe, challenging and enriching environment that is responsive to the needs of individual students. The students benefit from an intense and stuctured environment that incorporates therapy and behavior modification integral to the program. Students can be placed into one of four programs each designed to meet the academic and affective needs for both day and residential students; Academic Focus, Behavioral/Affective Needs, Small Group Instructional and Intensive/Supportive Therapeutic Groupings.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
ASAH Private Special Education
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Behavioral Disorders, Learning Disabilities, Aspergers/PDD|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
- - Instruction consistent with World class & NJ Curriculum Standards, modifed per individualized education plans (IEP's) - Self-Conained and Departmentalized settings available - 21st Century Science /Mathematics Lab w Streaming media for technology-based instruction - Financial Literacy, and Business Mathematics - Challenger Science Program with streaming media instruction - Life Skills and Transition Programs - Special Subjects; Art, Computers, Instrumental Music, Law, Spanish, Technology / Robotics and Sports Fundamentals. - Counseling Sevices; Clincial/School Social Workers with individualized counselling - Counseling designed to address self esteem, relationship, and self-control issues - Guidance Counselor, SAC Counselor on staff - Equine Therapy Program (residential students)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Basking RidgeGrades: K-12 | 1129 students
131 Martinsville Road
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
- SomersetGrades: PK-12 | 691 students
1345 Easton Ave
Somerset, NJ 08873
- Basking RidgeGrades: PK-8 | 391 students
Po Box 310
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
- GladstoneGrades: NS-12 | 670 students
St. Bernard's Road
Gladstone, NJ 07934
- SomervilleGrades: K-12 | 150 students
Readington Road Po Box 5026
Somerville, NJ 08876
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.