East Mountain School
Tel: (908) 281-1446
- East Mountain School, established in 1980 offers a co-educational program for seventh - twelfth grade classified special education students.
- The school provides quality special education and therapeutic services for adolscents affected by behavioral and psychiatric disorders.
- The school offers a safe, challenging and enriching environment that is responsive to the needs of individual students. The students benefit from an intense and stuctured environment that incorporates therapy and behavior modification integral to the program. Students can be placed into one of four programs each designed to meet the academic and affective needs for both day and residential students; Academic Focus, Behavioral/Affective Needs, Small Group Instructional and Intensive/Supportive Therapeutic Groupings.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
ASAH Private Special Education
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Behavioral Disorders, Learning Disabilities, Aspergers/PDD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- - Instruction consistent with World class & NJ Curriculum Standards, modifed per individualized education plans (IEP's) - Self-Conained and Departmentalized settings available - 21st Century Science /Mathematics Lab w Streaming media for technology-based instruction - Financial Literacy, and Business Mathematics - Challenger Science Program with streaming media instruction - Life Skills and Transition Programs - Special Subjects; Art, Computers, Instrumental Music, Law, Spanish, Technology / Robotics and Sports Fundamentals. - Counseling Sevices; Clincial/School Social Workers with individualized counselling - Counseling designed to address self esteem, relationship, and self-control issues - Guidance Counselor, SAC Counselor on staff - Equine Therapy Program (residential students)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gladstone Grades: NS-12 | 638 students
PO Box 604 / St. Bernard's Road
Gladstone, NJ 07934
(908) 243-1611 19.8 NS-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.