Tel: (630) 832-3153
Elmhurst KinderCare Photo #2 - Our teachers will encourage the Prekindergrten children to reflect on and respond to open ended questions, engage in representational though involving symbols, experiment with beginning concepts in spatial realtionships.
Elmhurst KinderCare Photo #3 - We encourage infants to explore a variety of creative mediums such as art, music and movement.
Elmhurst KinderCare Photo #4 - We provide activities focused on helping toddlers gain coordination, develop gross and fine motor skills.
Elmhurst KinderCare Photo #5 - We help children understand and interact with the world around them. We make learning concrete and relevant to their experiences through hands on activities, daily routines, and imaginative play.
Elmhurst KinderCare Photo #6 - In our Preschool classroom our teachers model reading and writing daily in a variety of activities including read-alouds and charting.
Elmhurst KinderCare Photo #7 - Our interactive kindergarten program, powered by K12 Inc., is designed to encourage children to explore, communicate, and create with confidence. An interactive whiteboard engages children in collaborative learning with their peers.
Elmhurst KinderCare Photo #8 - Our Catch the Wave School-Age program is an innovative before and after school program that engages school-agers in a variety of fun activities designed to expand horizons and brighten futures.
Elmhurst KinderCare Photo #9 - We provide children with plenty of opportunities to strengthen their gross motor skills rain or shine.
- The teachers and staff at the Elmhurst KinderCare are passionate about educating and nurturing children.
- Our teachers have an average tenure of five to 10 years at our center.
- (We have three staff members with 19 plus years with KinderCare) The majority of our teachers have their Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education, or a Childhood Development Associates Credential.
- The Elmhurst KinderCare team strives for excellence through continuing education from bi-annual company professional development trainings to seeking additional college courses or seminars in the education field.
- At the end of the day, the true key to our teachers' success is their passion for teaching and their love of learning.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||179 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||45:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Welcome to the Elmhurst KinderCare. As a NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) accredited center and a leader in the field of Early Childhood Education, it is our honor to be a part of your child's development. We want to give you peace of mind in knowing you have made the right decision by looking into our center. We have a passion for teaching and nurturing children, that leads our teachers to develop the whole child-socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. We are excited to have you visit our learning center so you can see first hand we are so much more than just a daycare. We are a place your child can explore, discover, and learn about the world surrounding them. They will do so with confidence, and work alongside a team of early childhood experts who can turn every moment into a positive learning experience.
- At the Elmhurst KinderCare Learning Center, your child's safety is one of our top priorities. Not only are all of our outside perimeter doors locked to ensure security, but all of our playgrounds are fenced with locked gates as well. In addition, we have a security door in to the classrooms. The door has a coded entry where only authorized family members will have a code to enter. Otherwise a door bell is available to visitors who will be greeted by a Center staff member. At the Elmhurst KinderCare we have a Health and Safety Coordinator on site as well. Ms. Jenny's role includes conducting monthly fire and tornado drills, ensuring that all staff's first aid and CPR certificates are up to date, and maintaining high cleanliness standards.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:15 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: French
- None Accepted!!
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elmhurst Grades: 9-12 | 321 students
217 S Cottage Hill Ave
Elmhurst, IL 60126
(630) 530-3460 1.1 9-12
- Elmhurst Grades: NS-8 | 220 students
148 E 3rd Street
Elmhurst, IL 60126
(630) 832-9302 1.2 NS-8
- Elmhurst Grades: K | 120 students
367 Spring Rd
Elmhurst, IL 60126
(630) 993-0109 1.2 K
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.