Elmhurst Academy of Early Learning
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (630) 279-2494
- Elmhurst Academy is a private, indepedent Reggio Emilia inspired school for early childhood that believes in the students' right to realize and expand their own potential.
- Enrolls children from birth through kindergarten during the school year (September-June), and birth through the third grade during the summer session (June-August).
- For additional information regarding enrollment, please call the School Office (630) 279-2494 ext. 10 or email us at email@example.com.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||102 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Colleen Odegaard|
- Elmhurst Academy is a private Reggio Emilia~inspired early childhood school. With two outdoor Discovery Play Gardens, and beautifully appointed classroom environments, Elmhurst Academy provides the following curriculum:
- Character Education
- Multiple Inelligences
- Project Approach Learning
- Teaching Tolerance & Conflict Resolution
- Writers Workshop
- Brain Education
- Spanish Immersion
- French Immersion
- Global Studies
- Art Awareness & Appreciation
- Author Studies & Early Literacy
- Great Musical Composer Studies
- Infant Yoga & Infant Massage
- Sign Language
- Environmental Studies
- Everyday Mathematics
- Science Experiments
- Service Learning Projects
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Park Ridge Grades: PK-K | 85 students
1006 Gillick Street
Park Ridge, IL 60068
(847) 823-1978 8.1 PK-K
The decision to send my child to Elmhurst Academy was the best decision we have made. Before we had our child, we read some parenting books and have always tried to be good parents. But I can honestly say, Elmhurst Academy has as much do to with what an amazing, well-adjusted and confident little girl that our daughter has become. Everyone at EA has been amazing and I thank the entire staff for everything they have done for our daughter. The teachers at EA have been incredible at every class level. I'm amazed every day at what our daughter has learned and accomplished because of the teachers` guidance. EA has given our daughter the best start to her young life and it's something I wish every American child could experience.
- Posted by Parent - Mari K.
Less visible but just as obvious is Mrs. Odegaard`s leadership and vision for this school and these children. From motivated and passionate teachers, outstanding facilities, plenty of time outdoors, incredible food, civics and discipline. The curriculum itself cannot be recreated due to its programmatic approach, leveraging the talents and expertise of every enrichment area. This is a unique strength for any school, executed so well that it rivals any successful corporate strategy. Our family has moved around quite a bit and have routinely been fortunate to find amazing schools for our children. But Elmhurst Academy has been something different altogether and has simply blown us away.We have nothing but enormous respect for what Mrs. Odegaard has done with EA and we feel so fortunate to have found it.
- Posted by Parent - Maribeth
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.