Science & Arts Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Science & Arts Academy is an independent, non-denominational, co-educational, not-for-profit day school for gifted students in Jr. Kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Science & Arts Academy educates gifted children in an academically differentiated and enriched environment while recognizing the unique development of each child.
Science & Arts Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the Central States|
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gifted and Talented Learners|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||259 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 21 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,500|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid opportunities available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mindy Hildebrandt|
|Admissions Associate||Diane Angelucci|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross CountryBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Certamen Team, Chess, Coding Club, Community Problem Solvers, Drawing the Line, Foreign Language, GEMS (Girls Excelling at Math and Science), Girl Scouts of America, Math Club, National Junior Honor Society, Science Olympiad Team, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama / Plays / Musicals, Music Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Sports Program
- Science & Arts Academy is an independent, non-denominational, co-educational, not-for-profit day school for gifted students in Jr. Kindergarten through eighth grade. Science & Arts Academy educates gifted children in an academically differentiated and enriched environment while recognizing the unique development of each child. Our supportive community encourages students to embrace their potential and cultivates their academic abilities, creative talents, and emotional growth.
- SAA is highly regarded for its challenging and inspiring curriculum, small classroom setting and expertise and knowledge in supporting gifted children. Differentiation, acceleration, enrichment, problem solving and creative thinking are all concepts common to the everyday intellectual and artistic experience for the SAA student. To learn more about SAA or schedule a visit, please visit www.scienceandartsacademy.org or call 847-827-7880.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 2094 students
1362 E 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
(773)702-9451 22.8 PK-12
- Elmhurst Grades: NS-K | 102 students
212 West Lake Street
Elmhurst, IL 60126
(630)279-2494 9.2 NS-K
- Niles Grades: PK-12 | 226 students
7280 N Caldwell Ave
Niles, IL 60714
(847)647-9456 4.9 PK-12
- Oak Park Grades: PK-8 | 456 students
1034 Linden Ave
Oak Park, IL 60302
(708)383-6279 10.3 PK-8
Science & Arts Academy is truly a great place. As a student, SAA has taught me so much ranging from valuable life skills to how to conjugate ER verbs in French. This school continues to nurture me everyday and I will carry the skills I have learned here with me forever.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Amanda F
This School Is Great!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Student Of SAA
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Student
The Science and Arts Academy (SAA) has it all. The academic programs are excellent. Most of the students perform at least a year above grade level and for those that are 2-3 years advanced, the school places them appropriately. It is differentiated and challenging. It also offers top notch drama, art, and music programs. SAA is a place where children go to thrive and excel. All you have to do is walk down the halls to see it and feel it. For those with gifted children, it is a truly great school.
- Posted by Parent - maryc
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.