Emerging Minds Montessori Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (561) 487-3535
- Founded in 2008, Emerging Minds Montessori Academy is located at the West Campus of First United Methodist Church.
- The campus is filled with many beautiful trees and boasts a truly natural environment nestled in the heart of West Boca Raton. We are a non-religious Montessori serving children ages 2 through 8th Grade.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||84 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(polo shirt, pants, shorts or skorts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Barbara Altbrandt|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art Program, Hand Bell Choir, Music Class
- Our program is designed to fulfill the needs of the whole child. We strongly follow the principals of Dr Maria Montessori, which is based upon the philosophy that children learn best when engaged in purposeful activity. It is our position that every child is an individual who deserves to be respected and honored and should be given lessons according to his/her unique style and potential in a clean, safe, well-equipped environment. Our teachers, staff, and families are partners in promoting good character and values, such as kindness, compassion, respect for all living things, as well as respect and care for the environment. Together we are committed to helping the child become aware of his/her responsibility and importance within the community.It is our goal to provide every child with a strong academic foundation, to help build a positive self-image, encourage continued community service, and to inspire them to become self motivated independent, life long learners.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boca Raton Grades: PK-K | 62 students
100 Pine Cir
Boca Raton, FL 33432
(561) 391-0074 6.3 PK-K
- Wellington Grades: PK-K | 62 students
12794 W Forest Hill Blvd 12
Wellington, FL 33414
(561) 790-3748 21.3 PK-K
- West Palm Beach Grades: K-12 | 173 students
1950 Prairie Rd
West Palm Beach, FL 33406
(561) 642-3100 20.5 K-12
- Boca Raton Grades: 1-8 | 59 students
2450 Nw 5th Ave
Boca Raton, FL 33431
(561) 394-7674 6.2 1-8
This school is very loving and warm. It was the perfect place to send my children. My first and second graders had attended one of the most competitive private programs only to feel "my teachers do not care about me". Not here at EMMA. We truly value and appreciate the warmth of the teaching style at Emerging Minds.
- Posted by Parent - Jane Goode
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?