EMU Early Learning Center bases its early childhood program on principles of child growth and development within a Christian context. We emphasize the growth of trust and independence and the development of a positive self -image in the children we serve.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 43 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- EMU Early Learning Center is a laboratory school for the education department at Eastern Mennonite University serving children ages 2-5. We are a developmental, child-centered program with a learning environment set up to meet physical, cognitive, emotional, and social needs of young children. Our play-based curriculum offers learning opportunities through block play, cooking, woodworking, drama, art, music, books, and much more. Teachers have early childhood degrees, assistants are always present, and EMU practicum students also help keep our adult/child ratios low.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are EMU Early Learning Center often compared to?
When is the application deadline for EMU Early Learning Center?
The application deadline for EMU Early Learning Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
My daughter loves Early Learning Center,she comes home happy and tells me all about her day and what she did.The teachers are wonderful.
Endorse EMU Early Learning Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.