Episcopal School Of Knoxville
- Welcome to The Episcopal School of Knoxville, where our daily mission is to challenge students with an innovative education in the Episcopal tradition of strong morals and values, such as compassion, inclusivity, and servanthood.
- ESK offers unique programs such as outdoor education, daily chapel for children of all faiths, Tribes Agreements, small class sizes, technology in every classroom including iPads and Chromebooks, an innovation lab program, world language instruction beginning in junior kindergarten, and much more.
- Our unique programs combined with challenging academic standards, completed by our campus located on a beautiful farmland setting, makes the Epsicopal School of Knoxville an amazing environment in which to educate your children. Invest in your child's future today through an ESK education!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Register here! https://shop.esknoxville.org/ We offer summer camps for a variety of interests for students ages 3 years-old through 8th grade.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||295 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for 2018-2019 school year: Junior Kindergarten, 3-Year-Old, 3-Day Program Annual: $4,975Junior Kindergarten, 3-Year-Old, 5-Day Program Annual: $7,975Junior Kindergarten, 4-Year-Old, 5-Day Program Annual: $7,975Tuition for Lower School Annual: $14,975Tuition for Middle School Annual: $15,975|
|Admissions Director||Corinne Mattern|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Clubs, Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Destination Imagination, Girl Scouts, Lego Robotics, National Junior Honor Society, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Acapella Group, Piano Lessons, Theater Production
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run
- Welcome to The Episcopal School of Knoxville, where our daily mission is to prepare students for higher education and a lifetime of learning within the context of a loving, inclusive, and family-centered community. We enrich our students` intellectual, physical, cultural, and spiritual growth so that they may realize their potential as children of God and citizens of the world.
- Situated on 96 acres of rolling farmland, the natural environment of The Episcopal School provides a place where every day is certain to bring a new discovery, where the enthusiastic and formally trained faculty are attentive, creative, instructive and supportive, and where learning is an act of great joy. It is the place where Faith, Knowledge and Culture intersect.
- The Episcopal School challenges students to excel, both academically and socially, through solid educational goals positioned in an environment that teaches kindness, compassion, and consideration of others. The faculty, administrative staff, and parents of the Episcopal School strive to make a positive impact on the world, one student at a time.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount Shasta Grades: K-12
118 Siskiyou Ave
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
(530)926-6263 2076.1 K-12
- Knoxville Grades: 6-8 | 37 students
544 Canton Hollow Road
Knoxville, TN 37934
(865)777-0197 2.7 6-8
- Fairbanks Grades: PK-K | 107 students
2014 30th Ave
Fairbanks, AK 99701
(907)451-8485 3236.2 PK-K
The Episcopal School of Knoxville is a place that nurtures the whole child. While academics are important, it is also important to be a good human. ESK faculty and administration, along with the phenomenal culinary arts and support staff, support the well-being of kids. Consistent expectations, small class sizes, productive learning in a place "where everybody knows your name" is a HUGE BLESSING!!! ESK offers a wide variety of extracurricular activities, and students can participate in many of them. You have a chance to see what you like. Also, academic achievement has allowed my child to have access to PSAT and ACT, which gives him an overview of where he is as a learner. We are pleased with the experience at ESK, but most importantly, my child is not only challenged and held accountable, but he is also growing as a young person that has balance and consistency, and he is becoming more independent.
- Posted by Parent - M
The school teachers/ staff/admin are friendly and kind. The school is well organized. Many extracurricular activities available for students to choose.Great school
- Posted by Parent - JC
I have three children in the lower school at The Episcopal School of Knoxville and as a family have had an amazing experience! The teachers and the staff are extremely friendly and you can tell they really enjoy teaching at this school. They are structured and organized, yet loving, while providing a warm and consistent environment that reaches far beyond the realm of the classroom. The class sizes are small allowing an excellent student teacher ratio. Each class has a teachers assistant which are invaluable in my opinion because they can take care of the common distractions in the classrooms and allow the teachers to teach. The academics are top notch! The school grounds are beautiful as well!
- Posted by Parent - Ah