Excel Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (770) 382-9488 Ext. 403
- Excel Christian Academy provides excellence in education in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
- We are a non-denominational Christian community school. We are a college prep school with grades Pre-K 4 - 12. Small class sizes
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Human Geography, AP United States History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1090|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(4 days uniform; 1 day casual)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,880|
|Tuition Notes||Grades K-5 $7,020 Grades 6-8 $8,220 Grades 9-12 $9,180 Grants and Financial Assistance are available for those who qualify.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Donna Garland|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
BETA Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Junior BETA Club, National Honor Society (NHS), Spanish Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
High School Band, High School Chorus, Middle School Band, Middle School Chorus
- Excel Christian Academy is a small, private Christian school whose goal is to provide an excellent education in a Christ-centered atmosphere. ECA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), which is an accreditation division of AdvancED, the largest and most accepted accrediting agency in the United States.
- In 1993, Excel began as a Kindergarten-6th-grade school with only 61 students. Proudly, ECA recognized its first senior graduating class in the year 2000.
- Our curriculum is such that each student will have learned the skills necessary to have their choice of colleges upon graduation. One of our goals for improvement is to grow our student population so that we are able to increase the number of programs offered to our students as they express their interests for sports, arts, recreational, and academic programs.
- Excel is a community school that was built as a ministry of the Cartersville Church of God which later became The Church at Liberty Square. ECA was founded by the Senior Pastor Dr. Joe E. Edwards. We are very appreciative of the prayerful leadership and financial support provided by the Church at Liberty Square. In 2017, Excel became an independent community Christian school led by a private board and will continue to have the mission to provide an excellent education in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
- Students and staff represent a variety of church affiliations, with memberships at over 50 different churches.The school`s spiritual purpose is to encourage a deep relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ; we believe that every child is a unique creation of God and spiritual opportunities are provided throughout the school day. Daily morning devotions, daily Bible classes, and weekly chapel services are an integral part of each child`s learning experience.
- Cartersville is located 42 miles north of Atlanta on the I-75 growth corridor, near beautiful Lake Allatoona. With a population nearing 20,000, it is the largest city in Bartow County, which has a population just over 100,000. Cartersville is a very progressive city, with rural surroundings, and the site of many major industries. It has been growing very quickly and has become a prominent place to visit in Georgia and the Southern United States with highlights including the Booth Western Art Museum, the Tellus Science Museum, The Etowah Indian Mounds, and the LakePoint Sports Complex.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cartersville Grades: PK-6 | 267 students
814 West Ave
Cartersville, GA 30120
(770) 386-7479 3.8 PK-6
- Rome Grades: PK-12 | 709 students
1014 Cave Spring Rd SW
Rome, GA 30161
(706) 235-6051 25.3 PK-12
- Gainesville Grades: 7-12
2001 Riverside Drive
Gainesville, GA 30501
(800) 462-2338 54.9 7-12
I graduated from Excel in 2010! From there, I went on to pursue a college degree from Lee University. I can honestly say Excel more than readied me for life after high school. The small class sizes allowed me to build close friendship with not only my classmates but my teachers as well. Those friendships I built I still have even today! Academically, Excel always pushed me to strive for my best. When I felt like I couldn't go any further my teachers were always there for encouragement to push me farther. Most importantly was the Christ centered environment. As a child and ten agree I didn't necessarily think it was the most important. However, now that I am a mother of a child of my own I see just how important that is for my household. Working in the "real work" as shown my just how Excel helped build my faith. I am so thankful for a school I was able to grow up in and I look forward to sending my children there when the day comes!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ashley Penland
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.