Brookwood Christian Language School is specializing in language based learning disabilities.
Class size of 8 or less. Full time school offering all subjects.
Wilson reading classes and tutoring are available for students with dyslexia. Research based curriculum and methods are used.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 1-12
- Enrollment: 69 students
- Yearly Tuition: $21,000
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 27%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP Statistics, AP US History, Biology, Chemistry, English Literature, Latin, Precalculus
Average ACT score
Classroom Dress Code
comfort and modesty
comfort and modesty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
$300 non-refundable registration/enrollment fee which is applied toward tuition if paid by the registration deadline. $20 application fee.Applications for financial aid are due April 1, 2021, however exceptions can be made depending on funding.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- We are a private, non-profit school that serves students who have not been successful in public or private schools due to their unique learning needs. Many of our students have been diagnosed with a language based learning disability such as dyslexia. Students typically have an IQ ranging from low average to gifted accompanied with various individual or multiple learning disorders such autism spectrum disorder, attention deficit disorder, neurological disorder, and other specific learning disabilities. Our curriculum is specialized and tailored to compensate for or overcome these learning disorders.
- We use Wilson Reading, a program based on Orton Gillingham methods which uses a multi-sensory, systematic approach to phonemic instruction, spelling, and reading comprehension. Handwriting is taught with Handwriting without Tears, a curriculum developed by an Occupational Therapist.
- English Language Learners may choose to transition into another school or graduate from BCLS. Transitional students are given the opportunity to learn to speak, read, and write English before enrolling in a traditional school.
- Personal daily attention is given to each student to improve the student`s low attention span and to provide an environment in which our students can adjust to a normal competitive classroom situation and to help them qualify for future post secondary education and independent living.
- Most of our operating budget comes from tuition payments augmented by the Georgia SB-10 scholarship program. This program allows students who have attended public school to seek alternative help from schools like ours.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Brookwood Christian Language School cost?
Brookwood Christian Language School's tuition is approximately $21,000 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Brookwood Christian Language School?
The acceptance rate of Brookwood Christian Language School is 75%, which is lower than the national average of 81%.
When is the application deadline for Brookwood Christian Language School?
The application deadline for Brookwood Christian Language School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
I can not say enough about Brookwood Christian Academy!! It has saved my son's education and self confidence. It has Far surpassed my exceptions and continues to do so! The staff and teachers are so kind and loving that my son feels like they are family. They truly care about him not just educationally, but for his well being too! It's also a bonus that all the students are very close and treat it other with kindness and respect! I look forward to my son continuing his education all the way to graduation at Brookwood!
In every great story, there is a comeback. As a mother of a child with numerous learning differences, I have been searching for the beginning of my child`s comeback story. I tried public school IEPs, homeschool, tutoring and another private school to no avail. When I met Kim, the founder of Brookwood Christian school, she had a quiet confidence about her that I could trust. My daughter has found a loving, safe environment with highly qualified teachers, like Kristen, Nadiya and Julie, who invest in my child on a daily basis. She moved from self-identifying as a non-reader to reading books like The Babysitter`s Club. She still has more work ahead of her, but she is taught the way her brain learns. She moved from being someone who hates math to smiling when she speaks of her success with her latest lesson. I can speak as a parent with full confidence that 1 year ago when my child started at Brookwood Christian school, her comeback story began. As a parent who has faced school days with anxiety, I can confidently drop her off knowing she is getting evidence-based interventions with Wilson Reading and FastForward to name just a few, as well as therapeutic art lessons to help her develop her fine motor skills, eye hand coordination and flex her creative muscles. Last years testing confirmed what I already knew, the intervention and environment was working! I would like to encourage parents to help their children to stop struggling and start thriving. Come check out Brookwood Christian School. This school is one of the best decision I have ever made for my child!
My child started attending Brookwood Christian this school year. She tutored throughout the school year and summer leading up to this year. The resources available, understanding of my child's individual needs, and the empowerment that has been instilled in her during this process have been outstanding. The school Director and staff clearly have a love and passion for ensuring success for each student. For that past 3 1/2 years, I have been discouraged, in tears, and unaware of how to unlock the knowledge that I know is inside my child. My child truly feels a sense of belonging and hope that I have not seen in her. Excited to wake for school, energetic to share what she has learned at the end of the day. If your child is dyslexic, I STRONGLY encourage you to look into BC. If you are a resource for the school, I thank and appreciate you for supporting this school and encourage other resources you may know to support the development of young minds at this amazing school!
I just cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. My son has auditory processing disorder and was unable to learn to read in public schools. No matter how hard he worked he just couldn't get it. I picked my son up from school one day and asked him if he got to make an eclipse t-shirt in his class. He told me no, because he was stupid and had to be pulled out for stupid classes. That was my breaking point. I knew my son was not stupid and could learn to read with the proper help. We found Brookwood Christian School online but were apprehensive since it was an hour and a half away from our house. When we visited Brookwood and met with the principal and staff we knew this was where my son belonged. They were familiar with his learning disability and knew how to help him. On his shadow day he brought home a completed assignment! I couldn't believe my eyes!! My son started at Brookwood Christian School on 9/15/2017. He was immediately placed in the schools reading programs, FastForword and Wilson Reading. Within two weeks my son read a whole sentence to his class!! By three weeks, he was reading three letter words!!! He has been at Brookwood for 2 months now and is reading big words like branch and shopping!! He was able to find a DVD last week by reading a title! I love watching my son read and the pride on his face when he finishes a story!!! The reward far out-weighs the 3 hours a day that we spend in the car. This school has changed his life and I am forever grateful.
Brookwood Christian continues to be the answer to many tears and prayers for my daughters. Both of them were diagnosed with different Learning Disabilities that effected how they learned in a public school atmosphere. Through Brookwood's curriculum and the outstanding teaching staff, they are now thriving Freshmen and succeeding in school. Each staff member is invested in the children, and strives to provide a caring and compassionate learning atmosphere. I would highly recommend Brookwood Christian to any parent whose child is struggling in the traditional school atmosphere.
Endorse Brookwood Christian Language School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.