- Lutheran High School belongs to Christ and is dedicated to touching lives forever by fostering Christian leaders, achieving academic excellence, increasing community service, teaching both mind and spirit, and honoring individual potential.
- Our staff treats each student as a unique child of God cultivating their talents while nurturing their faith.
- Being a student here means much more than just the classes in which you are enrolled; it is an experience to develop the whole child – educationally, spiritually and socially.
- Lutheran High School of La Verne is dedicated to providing an excellent Christ-centered, education that will positively impact the entire family.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Enviornmental Science, Government, Literature, Physics, Spanish, US History|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(red, white, and navy polo shirts; navy, gray, black and khaki pants or shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,375|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christine Froio|
|Admissions Associate||Kathy Johnson|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Clubs, Drama, Music, National Honor Society, Student Government Band, Clubs, Drama, Music, National Honor Society,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ClaremontGrades: 9-12 | 408 students
1175 West Baseline Road
Claremont, CA 91711
UplandGrades: 9-12 | 430 students
100 West 9th Street
Upland, CA 91786
PasadenaGrades: KG-12 | 859 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
Rowland HeightsGrades: NS-12
18550 Farjardo St.
Rowland Heights, CA 91789
La VerneGrades: PK-12 | 101 students
2990 Damien Ave
La Verne, CA 91750
I have two students who currently go to Lutheran High and am very pleased. Small class size and communication between parents/teachers/students is really good and the teachers are available if needed. There is also a wonderful Navy JROTC unit and it is one of the best programs available. Definitely don't pass this school by, stop by and see for yourself.
- Posted by Parent - ttfn
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.