Faith Lutheran High School
5.00 (1 review)
- Lutheran High School belongs to Christ and is dedicated to touching lives forever by fostering Christian leaders, achieving academic excellence, increasing community service, teaching both mind and spirit, and honoring individual potential.
- Our staff treats each student as a unique child of God cultivating their talents while nurturing their faith.
- Being a student here means much more than just the classes in which you are enrolled; it is an experience to develop the whole child – educationally, spiritually and socially.
- Lutheran High School of La Verne is dedicated to providing an excellent Christ-centered, education that will positively impact the entire family.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Enviornmental Science, Government, Literature, Physics, Spanish, US History|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(red, white, and navy polo shirts; navy, gray, black and khaki pants or shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,375|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christine Froio|
|Admissions Associate||Kathy Johnson|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Clubs, Drama, Music, National Honor Society, Student Government|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ClaremontGrades: 9-12 | 408 students
1175 West Baseline Road
Claremont, CA 91711
- UplandGrades: 9-12 | 420 students
100 West 9th Street
Upland, CA 91786
- PasadenaGrades: KG-12 | 859 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
- PasadenaGrades: 9-12 | 102 students
1539 E Howard Street
Pasadena, CA 91104
- La VerneGrades: PK-12 | 101 students
2990 Damien Ave
La Verne, CA 91750
I have two students who currently go to Lutheran High and am very pleased. Small class size and communication between parents/teachers/students is really good and the teachers are available if needed. There is also a wonderful Navy JROTC unit and it is one of the best programs available. Definitely don't pass this school by, stop by and see for yourself.
- Posted by Parent - ttfn
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.