Family Christian Academy
- Family Christian Academy is a non-denominational educational ministry of Family Church of Houston and has been serving families in the surrounding area for over 40 years.
- Our administrators and principals are ordained ministers and associate pastors of Family Church.
- To maintain a strong bond with the vision of the senior pastor and church leadership, FCA is governed by one church and school board which provides continuous prayer, support and strength to our 40 year heritage of Christian education.
- All of Family Christian Academy's staff and faculty are born again Christians who are committed to serving in a local church and the ministry of Christian education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||326 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,750|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K3 & K4 1/2 day - $2800.00 Pre K4 & K5 full day - $3300.00 1st - 5th - $3300.00 6th - 8th - $3500.00 9th - 12th - $3750.00|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Channelview Grades: PK-8 | 87 students
1215 Pecan St
Channelview, TX 77530
(281)452-1333 2.9 PK-8
- Houston Grades: PK-K | 95 students
335 Audrey Lane
Houston, TX 77015
(713)450-3610 1.7 PK-K
- Houston Grades: PK-2 | 31 students
13207 Orleans St
Houston, TX 77015
(713)453-7212 2.1 PK-2
- Houston Grades: NS-7 | 107 students
3710 Highway 6 S
Houston, TX 77082
(281)497-4057 29.6 NS-7
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.