Resurrection Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (713) 674-5545
Resurrection Catholic School Photo #3 - Middle school students visit the Houston Museum of Fine Arts
- At Resurrection Catholic School, we are committed to developing mind, heart and spirit, through a quality academic program permeated by a Catholic environment. Give us a call, or come by to schedule an Admission Appointment.
- Our Mission… Resurrection Catholic School educates and cares for children as they grow in wisdom, age, and faith.
Resurrection Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||131 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,005|
|Tuition Notes||$4300 tuition w/ $705 in fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Junior Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Co-ed Soccer Club
- Resurrection Catholic School is located in Denver Harbor on the city’s far East side off of Interstate 10. We are located at the corner of Majestic and Market Street. The original building of Resurrection Catholic School was completed in the summer of 1937, and before the end of July, Father Henry Parmentier obtained four Sisters of St. Mary from Fort Worth to staff the school. Today, Resurrection is going through a transition period.We have recently received a major grant from the Kinder Foundation that allowed us to revitalize our campus with innovations and renovations. We have installed two new playgrounds, an athletic field, and a new gym floor. We have also purchased a brand new iMac and mobile iPad lab, with interactive whiteboards in each classroom, so that our teachers may interlace technology instruction into their lessons. Our current focus is on academics while keeping our Catholic identity visible in the actions of our students, as teachers develop diversified lesson plans in a faith-based atmosphere. At Resurrection Catholic School, we are dedicated to "Faith, Family, and Future," come by and see us!
My daughter attended Resurrection for three years and now is a freshman at St. Pius X. It has been a dream come true to have her in a Catholic School.
- Posted by Parent - princ
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.