- Fayetteville Academy is an independent, college preparatory, coeducational day school for Grades PK-12, serving Fayetteville, Fort Bragg, Cumberland County, and surrounding areas.
- Offering much individual attention, the Academy strives to promote each student's total development emphasizing academic, social, physical, and emotional growth.
- Fayetteville Academy develops and maintains a strong educational community in which intellectual, emotional, and social integrity are encouraged.
- The Academy offers a challenging academic curriculum and places an emphasis upon service to others, personal integrity, and respect for diversity.
- The Academy emphasizes strong characteristics of the independent school tradition: rigorous academics, interscholastic athletics, fine arts, technology and a commitment to high moral values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||384 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1230|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Appropriate clothing per school handbook)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,275|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition scale ranges from $9,960 - $16,275 - based upon grade level|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,528|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Barbara E. Lambert|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||29 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Battle of the Books, Builders Club, Circle of F.R.I.E.N.D.S Club, International Club, Key Club, Latin Club, Lego Robotics, Math Team, Mock Trial, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Science Olympiad, Scripps Spelling Bee, Spanish Club, Student Government Association, Students Ambassadors
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Chorus, Junior Varsity Chorus, Lower School Chorus, Mens Chorus, National Art Society, National Junior Art Society, Theater, Varsity Chorus
Recreational Athletic Programs:
15 sports, 23 NCISSA state championships, 25 teams, Varsity Boys Soccer team 10th in nation
- Fayetteville Academy is an independent, college preparatory, coeducational day school for Grades PK-12, serving Fayetteville, Fort Bragg, Cumberland County, and surrounding areas. Offering much individual attention, the Academy strives to promote each student's total development emphasizing academic, social, physical, and emotional growth. Fayetteville Academy develops and maintains a strong educational community in which intellectual, emotional, and social integrity are encouraged. The Academy offers a challenging academic curriculum and places an emphasis upon service to others, personal integrity, and respect for diversity. The Academy emphasizes strong characteristics of the independent school tradition: rigorous academics, interscholastic athletics, fine arts, technology and a commitment to high moral values.
- Full-time College Counselor
- Full-time School Counselor
- Full-time Nurse
- On-site PSAT, Pre-ACT, SAT, ACT testing
- On campus Summer Odyssey Camp Program during summer months
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
We enrolled our daughter into Fayetteville Academy based on the recommendations from our friends and other parents. We have seen great strides in our daughter's educational career. She likes the small class sizes, and the opportunities offered to her. We are excited that they are opening a lower school STEAM lab and a virtual reality learning station to follow along with the middle-and upper school STEAM labs. She loves the school book fairs, play performances, and field trips. We like the one-on-one attention our daughter receives and the level of communication between parent and teacher.
- Posted by Parent - A.J.
I moved here from Florida May 2018, to start the Middle-and Upper School STEAM program in the brand new SMARTLAB. What a wonderful place to work! Everyone is friendly and helpful, everyone new and old blend together and participate in everything there is to offer. And there's SO MUCH on offer! Come and take a look for yourself and when you do, make sure you stop by the SMARTLAB. You should be here.
- Posted by Teacher - SmartLab Facililtator
We have been at Fayetteville Academy for 2 years now. We enjoy the small classes, teachers, and individual attention by child receives. The school has a family feel to it and were very welcoming to us when we started. I like that the schools offers a smartLab , music, theater, lots of sports and Spanish classes.
- Posted by Parent - K.
Our son attended Fayetteville Academy from grades 6-12. We chose this school for two reasons, its academic standings (which speak for themselves) and the student to teacher ratio. In a year and a half our son went for just passing english and math to excelling in these areas. In addition he expanded his vocabulary far beyond what I knew as a middle and high school student. This attests to the rigor, high standards, and personal investment of the teachers to provide students an unequaled college preparatory experience. To share an interesting tidbit, while on vacation during our sons freshman year we were going to stay an extra day out of town, asking him his response was "well I really need to get home and finish my home work for the following week", what child has ever said that? This again attest to the positive and supporting learning environment created by the faculty and staff.
- Posted by Parent - Rob Weel
We made the absolute best choice sending our children to Fayetteville Academy. They have been given opportunities that far exceed our expectations. The children are thriving and we honestly, couldn't be happier. Academics, arts, sports, and more - Making our children incredibly well-rounded global citizens.
- Posted by Parent - Tara Van Geons