Field of Dreams Nurture and Education Center - Edgewater
At Field of Dreams, we use an approach to teaching and learning that focuses on the natural development of the child. Learning will be child directed, this is based on the philosophy that learning must make sense to the child in order for it to be effective and meaningful. The teachers will listen to and respect the thoughts and ideas of the children to develop lessons that are interesting and meaningful.
Senses play a large part in a child’s learning and will be utilized frequently to provoke naturally inspired learning. The teachers will focus a majority of their time on teaching the children colors, numbers, letters, and other academic skills in preparation for kindergarten.
This will be done in a way that makes sense to the child and coincides with their natural development.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- You may see more natural and home-like elements in the classroom. This is to make the children, families, and teachers as comfortable, open, and inspired as possible. Parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s learning. The class website, documentation around the classroom, the interest web, conversations with teachers and children are the best ways to understand and follow the complete learning process that is taking place in the classroom at Field of Dreams.
- Other features of our Curriculum are as follows:
- -Conferences will be offered in correlation with our formal assessments at least twice a year. We encourage all families to participate so that educators can discuss the child's progress in the classroom.
- -A portfolio featuring your child’s developmental milestones will follow them from infancy until Kindergarten.
- -Our environment naturally inspires children to learn through connections with nature while fostering individual learning styles with home-like elements in the classroom.
Endorse Field of Dreams Nurture and Education Center - Edgewater. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Understanding Private School Tuition
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
Books About Private School
What's private school really like? Find out from people who have been there.
You Won't Find....
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.