- Pediatric rehabilitation and education at FINR utilizes a specialized program to meet the unique needs of children and adolescents (age 4 and up).
- In family-style homes and special education classroom settings children learn the necessary skills to return to their families and community school.
- Unfortunately, many children who come to FINR following a traumatic brain injury (TBI) had acquired skills prior to their injury but those previously learned skills require re-training and re-learning.
- Because of their lack of success with relationships, daily living tasks and skills, and failure experienced within family, community, and school, many children are not motivated to learn or change their behaviors.
- Many do not respond to natural consequences within their environment.
- Until children do begin to respond to the positive and negative natural social consequences of their environment, it is necessary to utilize precision teaching and motivation strategies that become an integral part of the teaching process for successful re-integration to school, community, and family.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||special needs across all categories|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||6 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||included with admission to rehabilitation facility|
- Each home has 24-hour staff supervision and staff have been trained to continually teach children social competency skills.
- Goals for specific therapies are integrated into the academic setting. Special emphasis is placed on the group class situation simulating, a closely as possible, the public school setting and re-entry skills unique to a school situation including peer interactions.
- Children receive individualized assessment, restorative services and re-training, behavior management, psycho-social, cognitive, physical functioning, communication, daily living, education and vocational opportunities when appropriate.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North Miami Beach Grades: Inquire with school | 17 students
2785 Ne 183rd St Ste 100
North Miami Beach, FL 33160
(305)932-8994 149.4 Inquire with school
- Zolfo Springs Grades: 1-9 | 8 students
2465 Oxendine Road
Zolfo Springs, FL 33890
(863)735-2524 6.9 1-9
- Baltimore Grades: 1-12 | 101 students
801 Argonne Drive
Baltimore, MD 21218
(410)889-5054 871.6 1-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.