Ivy Street School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (617) 732-0220
Ivy Street School Photo #3 - The school's arts program allows students to practice singing, dancing, or musical instruments, and perform in the annual Extravaganza talent show.
Ivy Street School Photo #4 - The Ivy Street School participates in Special Olympics of Massachusetts sports, including flag football.
Ivy Street School Photo #5 - Students learn valuable vocational and life skills, such as in our culinary arts program.
Ivy Street School is a private residential and day school serving boys and girls (ages 13-22) with autism spectrum disorder, brain injuries, and other neurological challenges.
We offer academic plans tailored to their education level; life skills and vocational training, individual and group therapy; adaptive physical education; and restorative therapies such as physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.
The school is part of a larger nonprofit organization, MAB Community Services, which has been creating opportunities for individuals with disabilities since 1903.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Tunzel Hayes|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Rock ClimbingBasketball, Football,|
- Ivy Street School was founded in 1993 to provide residential and educational treatment to the growing number of adolescents with brain injuries and other neurological difficulties, and today the school specializes in students on the autism spectrum as well. Ivy Street School is a place for learning, providing young men and women from the ages of 13 to 22 with academic plans tailored to their education level; life skills and vocational training, individual and group therapy; adaptive physical education; and restorative therapies such as physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.
- Ivy Street specializes in helping families and students gain the skills and strategies to successfully manage their disabilities and the challenging behaviors caused by autism spectrum disorder, brain injury, or other neurological difficulties. Our phased vocational curriculum and residential opportunities put students on a track of increasing independence and self confidence, leading toward the goal of successful transition to adult life.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brookline Grades: 8-12 | 18 students
156 Lawton St
Brookline, MA 02446
(617) 739-1794 0.7 8-12
- Natick Grades: 2-12 | 47 students
27 Winter St
Natick, MA 01760
(508) 655-6400 11.7 2-12
Ivy Street was a school which gave me a lot of great opportunities such as a photography class, performing in the talent show, a paying job, playing on the basketball team, culinary class, and making lifelong friends. One thing I miss there is the FOOD! Heather was the best. Teachers let you call them by their first name, and I think it's more like one big family there than a school. I just wish it wasn't growing so much. There are a lot more kids than there used to be, and I liked it much better when it was a much smaller school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ivy Street
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.