Ivy Street School
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 8-12
- Students: 39 students
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Ivy Street School was founded in 1993 to provide residential and educational treatment to the growing number of adolescents with brain injuries and other neurological difficulties, and today the school specializes in students on the autism spectrum as well. Ivy Street School is a place for learning, providing young men and women from the ages of 13 to 22 with academic plans tailored to their education level; life skills and vocational training, individual and group therapy; adaptive physical education; and restorative therapies such as physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.
- Ivy Street specializes in helping families and students gain the skills and strategies to successfully manage their disabilities and the challenging behaviors caused by autism spectrum disorder, brain injury, or other neurological difficulties. Our phased vocational curriculum and residential opportunities put students on a track of increasing independence and self confidence, leading toward the goal of successful transition to adult life.
Endorse Ivy Street School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards