Ivy Street School
The school's arts program allows students to practice singing, dancing, or musical instruments, and perform in the annual Extravaganza talent show.
The Ivy Street School participates in Special Olympics of Massachusetts sports, including flag football.
- Ivy Street School is a private residential and day school serving boys and girls (ages 13-22) with autism spectrum disorder, brain injuries, and other neurological challenges.
- We offer academic plans tailored to their education level; life skills and vocational training, individual and group therapy; adaptive physical education; and restorative therapies such as physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.
- The school is part of a larger nonprofit organization, MAB Community Services, which has been creating opportunities for individuals with disabilities since 1903.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||37 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Tunzel Hayes|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Rock ClimbingBasketball, Football,|
- Ivy Street School was founded in 1993 to provide residential and educational treatment to the growing number of adolescents with brain injuries and other neurological difficulties, and today the school specializes in students on the autism spectrum as well. Ivy Street School is a place for learning, providing young men and women from the ages of 13 to 22 with academic plans tailored to their education level; life skills and vocational training, individual and group therapy; adaptive physical education; and restorative therapies such as physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.
- Ivy Street specializes in helping families and students gain the skills and strategies to successfully manage their disabilities and the challenging behaviors caused by autism spectrum disorder, brain injury, or other neurological difficulties. Our phased vocational curriculum and residential opportunities put students on a track of increasing independence and self confidence, leading toward the goal of successful transition to adult life.
- People that viewed Ivy Street School also viewed these schools: Boston College Campus School, Meridian Academy, Brandon School & Residental Treatment, Boston University Academy and May Center School for Brain Injury and Related Disorders.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chestnut HillGrades: 1-12 | 26 students
Campion Hall Rm. 197
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
- BrooklineGrades: 6-12 | 60 students
1187 Beacon St
Brookline, MA 02446
- NatickGrades: 2-12 | 39 students
27 Winter St
Natick, MA 01760
- BostonGrades: 9-12 | 172 students
One University Road
Boston, MA 02215
- BrocktonGrades: K-12 | 48 students
596 Summer St
Brockton, MA 02302
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.