Bay Cove Academy
- Bay Cove Academy is a small, 766-approved day school serving adolescents, ages 12-21, from the Greater Boston area.
- Nationally recognized by the US Department of Labor for its Career Development Program, the school provides a highly structured, therapeutic environment for teens whose educational and social needs exceed those which traditional community schools can accommodate.
- The curriculum provides a comprehensive middle and high school course of study along with electives, community job placements, and individual and group therapy.
- The curriculum in each subject area is aligned with the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brookline Grades: 8-12 | 39 students
200 Ivy Street
Brookline, MA 02446
(617)620-7779 0.7 8-12
- Waltham Grades: 3-12 | 80 students
410 Totten Pond Road
Waltham, MA 02451
(781)895-3200 7.4 3-12
- Watertown Grades: 9-12 | 57 students
917 Belmont St
Watertown, MA 02472
(617)993-5100 4 9-12
- Arlington Grades: 4-12 | 95 students
575 WASHINGTON STREET
Arlington, MA 02458
(781)641-5992 4 4-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.