St Herman Of Alaska Christian School
- St. Herman's School is a monument and institution for parents who look for the support of the school to solidify, and not counteract, their labors in passing on the flame of zeal for God to their children.
- It is a proof that education is more than a collection of facts or skills required to “make it” and survive in this world, but rather a training of the mind body and soul as a handmaiden for our life with Christ.
- One prominent Russian Bishop expressed this very clearly when he said that the goal for parents and educators in regard to their children should be to “raise Saints”.
- If the parents are able to work together with the teachers and priests, then a firm foundation and straight course is set for the child's future in the world and in the Church.
- This three-fold relationship is the subject of a brief article written by the founder and Headmaster of St. Herman's School.
- The article delves into the importance of seeking to find a balance and completion in education by pursuing the three “weight-bearing pillars of education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Greek Orthodox|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.