- Welcome to the St Peter Academy Community where our students and families are at the center of everything we do.
- St. Peter Academy is an independent private Early Childhood through Grade 8 school dedicated to providing a high quality education to children of all faiths and diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
- St Peter Academy strives to foster individual responsibility as well as focus on nurturing the physical, spiritual, intellectual, social and emotional development of every student.As an independent private community based school, St. Peter Academy offers unique programs enhancing the educational experience for all students.
- Boston is our extended classroom – We utilize the city’s historic, cultural and natural resources.
- From the South Boston Waterfront to the Museum of Fine Arts, St Peter Academy students and families realize the benefits of learning in an urban community.
- We are the only Early Childhood through Grade 8 School in South Boston.
- Class size is limited to 20 which is ideal for creating a nurturing and supportive environment filled with interactive learning opportunities.We serve a diverse population of students who live down the street, across town in Boston’s neighborhoods and surrounding suburbs.
- We welcome students and families from all backgrounds and faiths. We are a center of academic excellence, challenging our students to think critically and to consider multiple perspectives, focused on preparing our students for tomorrow’s world.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(polo shirt and khaki pants, skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,200|
|Tuition Notes||Family Discounts Apply. Need Based Financial Aid Available.|
|Admissions Director||Doreen Brown and Maria Blasi|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Lego Robotics, Math Olympiad, Music, STEM, Student Council Art, Lego Robotics, Math Olympiad, Music, STEM, Student Council,
- St. Peter Academy At A Glance
- Serving students from Early Childhood 18 months old through Eighth Grade
- Class Size – 20 student maximum which is ideal for creating a nurturing and supportive environment filled with interactive learning opportunities and optimum differentiated instruction to address individual learning styles
- Early Childhood Classrooms – Two Teacher Co-Teaching Model and Opening the World of Learning and Building Blocks, Two Nationally Recognized Literacy, Math, Social Studies, Social Emotional Curricula, as well as Technology and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Elementary & Middle School Curriculum – Our rigorous core curriculum is aligned with the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and the National Common Core Standards and is enhanced with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) Curriculum and computer based technology in every classroom
- Enrichment – Instruction in Visual, Dramatic & Music Arts; Religion; Nutrition & Fitness; Technology Instruction; Student Government; Public Speaking; Writer’s Workshop; Math Olympiad Competition; ISEE Prep Classes; BOKS Fitness Program; Girl Scouts; Academic & Cultural Field Trips; Annual School Show; Annual Science & STEM Fair; Read Boston Literacy Program; Family Field Day; World Language (Spanish); Middle School Reflective Retreat; and Community Service.
- School Day 7:55 am – 2:35 pm
- Toddler Program 7:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Before School Program 7:00 am
- Extended Day & Free After School Clubs 2:35 – 6:00 pm
- Summer Program 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Affordable Tuition With Multi Child Discounts
- Need Based Financial Aid
- Title I Support Service
- Quarterly Student Formative and Summative Assessments
- Year Round School Supported Teacher Professional Development
- Family and Community Engagement Highly Encouraged
- Peanut Free School Environment
- St Peter Academy is recognized around the city for the quality of its graduates. Students have advanced to Boston Latin, Boston Latin Academy, Boston College High, Roxbury Latin, Thayer Academy, Catholic Memorial, Boston Arts Academy, Newman Boston, Fontbonne Academy, Saint Joseph Preparatory
Profile last updated: 08/29/2015
Saint Peter Academy provided my 2 children with a fantastic education and both were accepted to Latin school in 6th grade. The teachers, & close, highly involved family environment can not be beat.
- Posted by Parent - chris
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.