First Discoveries Academy
First Discoveries Academy Photo #2 - Eco-Healthy, Nature-Inspired Early Childhood Program, Serving Children Ages 2 to 12
First Discoveries Academy Photo #3 - Our resident animals include friendly, gentle Nigerian dwarf goats that the children visit and help care for each day. Caring for animals teaches children about science/nature and helps them practice self-regulation, an important skill for school readiness. Our children love the goats ... and the goats love the attention!
An Eco-Healthy, Nature-Inspired Early Learning Program! First Discoveries Academy offers amazing early childhood programs that are child-centered and family-friendly, includind preschool, VPK/PreK, Kindergarten, before and afterschool care and summer camp for children ages 2 to 12.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-3
- Students: 72 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Developmental Delays and Other Learning Differences
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 45%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- First Discoveries Academy is an Eco-Healthy, Nature-Inspired early childhood program serving children ages two to twelve years. We have been recognized by the Children's Environmental Health Network for our commitment to creating healthy learning environments for children.
- We believe that children deserve to work and play in healthy, engaging classrooms and playgrounds. Our large classrooms are filled with sunshine and open space for children to explore. Our outdoor classroom is so much more than a typical playground, with open space to run and play and opportunities for children to engage in many interested experiences, including planting and harvesting in our gardens. Our resident animals include five very gentle Nigerian Dwarf goats.
- We know that children learn best in an interesting, engaging environment in which they are challenged and supported each day. We use music, art and play-based activities enhance children's learning and development everyday.
- Our program is Christian based, and we use music, art and stories to teach children about God's love for each one of us. God has created an amazing world, and our goal is to help children learn to appreciate it every day!We are an inclusive program, serving all God's children.
- Our teachers have early childhood degrees and specialized training so that we can create positive learning experiences for all children. We have experience working with children with developmental delays, speech/language concerns, autism, sensory processing disorder, and ADD/ADHD. Our onsite services include collaboration with speech therapists, ABA therapists and more.
Endorse First Discoveries Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.