First Discoveries Academy
First Discoveries Academy Photo #2 - Eco-Healthy, Nature-Inspired Early Childhood Program, Serving Children Ages 2 to 12
First Discoveries Academy Photo #3 - Our resident animals include friendly, gentle Nigerian dwarf goats that the children visit and help care for each day. Caring for animals teaches children about science/nature and helps them practice self-regulation, an important skill for school readiness. Our children love the goats ... and the goats love the attention!
An Eco-Healthy, Nature-Inspired Early Learning Program! First Discoveries Academy offers amazing early childhood programs that are child-centered and family-friendly, includind preschool, VPK/PreK, Kindergarten, before and afterschool care and summer camp for children ages 2 to 12.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 67 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Developmental Delays and Other Learning Differences
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 46%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- First Discoveries Academy is an Eco-Healthy, Nature-Inspired early childhood program serving children ages two to twelve years. We have been recognized by the Children's Environmental Health Network for our commitment to creating healthy learning environments for children.
- We believe that children deserve to work and play in healthy, engaging classrooms and playgrounds. Our large classrooms are filled with sunshine and open space for children to explore. Our outdoor classroom is so much more than a typical playground, with open space to run and play and opportunities for children to engage in many interested experiences, including planting and harvesting in our gardens. Our resident animals include five very gentle Nigerian Dwarf goats.
- We know that children learn best in an interesting, engaging environment in which they are challenged and supported each day. We use music, art and play-based activities enhance children's learning and development everyday.
- Our program is Christian based, and we use music, art and stories to teach children about God's love for each one of us. God has created an amazing world, and our goal is to help children learn to appreciate it every day!We are an inclusive program, serving all God's children.
- Our teachers have early childhood degrees and specialized training so that we can create positive learning experiences for all children. We have experience working with children with developmental delays, speech/language concerns, autism, sensory processing disorder, and ADD/ADHD. Our onsite services include collaboration with speech therapists, ABA therapists and more.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for First Discoveries Academy?
The application deadline for First Discoveries Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse First Discoveries Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.