Five Acre School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-6
- Students: 62 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,600
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Five Acre is the school you wish you had gone to as a child.
- It follows a rigorous academic curriculum that prepares children thoroughly for later stages of their education, but it does so in ways that keep them excited about learning.
- The school is a warm community where students have the security, freedom, motivation and power to develop naturally and fully.
- Children learn in different ways and at different paces.
- We adapt instruction to the talents and learning style of each individual student, ensuring that all succeed.
- The school day is thoughtfully balanced between quiet and physically active work, using youthful energy to increase, not detract from, learning.
- We also devote considerable attention to citizenship, social development and character building.
- Our curriculum is organized around the same Washington State Essential Learning Requirements as public schools, but the traditional subjects are integrated with art, music, drama and outdoor education to keep learning exciting and meaningful.
- Teachers balance hands-on activities with work periods requiring quiet attention.
- Students who have moved from Five Acre to the public system have been very successful.
Endorse Five Acre School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards