- Nestled in the beautiful Rawhide Valley, Sierra Waldorf School offers classes from Kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Sierra Waldorf School is dedicated to cultivating the capacities of each child through a developmentally respectful education based on the work of Rudolf Steiner, the founder of Waldorf Education.
- We create an environment that respects the individuality of each child, their higher spiritual nature and their connection to the world as a whole.
- The Sierra Waldorf School strives to create a community of caring adults who are committed to self-development, social responsibility and servant leadership.
- Sierra Waldorf School recognizes that the young child learns primarily through imitation and example.
- Great care is taken to provide an environment that brings nurturing warmth, guidance, and cooperation to a child's world of constructive fantasy and imagination.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|Tuition Notes||There is a sliding scale based on yearly income.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Bill Roberson|