Sierra Waldorf School
- Nestled in the beautiful Rawhide Valley, Sierra Waldorf School offers classes from Kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Sierra Waldorf School is dedicated to cultivating the capacities of each child through a developmentally respectful education based on the work of Rudolf Steiner, the founder of Waldorf Education.
- We create an environment that respects the individuality of each child, their higher spiritual nature and their connection to the world as a whole.
- The Sierra Waldorf School strives to create a community of caring adults who are committed to self-development, social responsibility and servant leadership.
- Sierra Waldorf School recognizes that the young child learns primarily through imitation and example.
- Great care is taken to provide an environment that brings nurturing warmth, guidance, and cooperation to a child's world of constructive fantasy and imagination.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|Tuition Notes||There is a sliding scale based on yearly income.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Bill Roberson|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Angels Camp Grades: K-8 | 74 students
3710 Whittle Rd
Angels Camp, CA 95222
(209)736-1175 9.8 K-8
- Everett Grades: PK-12 | 150 students
1804 Puget Drive
Everett, WA 98203
(425)355-1311 693.6 PK-12
- Sequim Grades: PK-6 | 78 students
515 Lotzgesell Rd
Sequim, WA 98382
(360)681-7255 715.7 PK-6
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.