Sierra Waldorf School
- Nestled in the beautiful Rawhide Valley, Sierra Waldorf School offers classes from Kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Sierra Waldorf School is dedicated to cultivating the capacities of each child through a developmentally respectful education based on the work of Rudolf Steiner, the founder of Waldorf Education.
- We create an environment that respects the individuality of each child, their higher spiritual nature and their connection to the world as a whole.
- The Sierra Waldorf School strives to create a community of caring adults who are committed to self-development, social responsibility and servant leadership.
- Sierra Waldorf School recognizes that the young child learns primarily through imitation and example.
- Great care is taken to provide an environment that brings nurturing warmth, guidance, and cooperation to a child's world of constructive fantasy and imagination.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|Tuition Notes||There is a sliding scale based on yearly income.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Bill Roberson|
January 17, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.