Tel: (718) 748-2244
Fontbonne Hall, The Lab School for Girls, is a Catholic, All-Girl, College Preparatory High School serving families across Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, and Queens.
Founded in 1937 on the gospel of Jesus Christ and inspired by the philosophy and charism of the Sisters of Saint Joseph, offers a superior educational program to form and empower women of confidence and compassion.
Our students, faculty, and administration form a faith community in which each person is challenged to grow.
As The Lab School for Girls, we are in the forefront of innovations in teaching and learning across all disciplines.
Unique in education, we continually evolve our curricula and our methods to keep pace with the unprecedented rate of change in a world where women will need to thrive and succeed.
Small classes and a varied curriculum meet the needs of the 21st Century woman, and are supported by state-of the -art science and computer laboratories
As The Lab School for Girls, our approach can be summed up this way: "We know SHE CAN and we help her get there, wherever she wants to go."
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||398 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 15|
|Tuition Notes||$13,330 for 2020-21|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- As The Lab School for Girls, we are in the forefront of innovations in Teaching and Learning across all disciplines. We are not just for future scientists, doctors, or engineers. We are for all students who are expansive thinkers, creative problem solvers, and potential pioneers. Unique in education, we continually evolve our curricula and our methods to keep pace with the unprecedented rate of change in a world where women will need to thrive and succeed. As The Lab School for Girls, Fontbonne`s approach can be summed up this way: "We know SHE CAN and we help her get there, wherever she wants to go."
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: 9-12 | 174 students
588 6th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215
(718) 768-4406 4.8 9-12
- Brooklyn Grades: 9-12 | 264 students
2202 60th St
Brooklyn, NY 11204
(718) 236-6363 3.1 9-12
- Brooklyn Grades: 9-12 | 595 students
2474 Ocean Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11229
(718) 743-6100 4.5 9-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.