Foothill Country Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Foothill Country Day School Photo #2 - The Upper School building for grades 5 - 8 features state-of-the-art classrooms.
Foothill Country Day School Photo #3 - All students have music and art as a part of their school day, but students in grades 3 -8 may elect to join our after school orchestra program as well. The orchestra is offered in partnership with Claremont Community School of Music. The orchestra is honored to have peformed at Disneyland -- one of the youngest groups to do so.
Foothill Country Day School Photo #4 - Each student in preschool - 5th grade at Foothill performs in at least one main stage, fully-produced production. In grades 6 -8, two plays are presented as part of the electives block. Foothill students not only perform, but they see many productions each year and learn to appreciate theater as an art form.
Foothill Country Day School Photo #5 - 2019 - 2020 Student Council Officers Student Council is one of the many leadership opportunities available to Foothill students. These four officers are joined by representatives from each class. Other opportunities for service include Ambassadors, Kenya Club, Buckets of Blessings (for Foothill Family Shelter), Treats for Troops, and more.
Foothill Country Day School Photo #6 - KinderGARDEN is not just a word here! Our students actually get dirty and maintain a real garden!
Foothill Country Day School Photo #7 - Come visit us! Foothill alumni will tell you that a defining characteristic of their time at Foothill is confidence, public speaking and the ability to relate to people of all ages. We would love to show you our school!
Foothill Country Day School Photo #8 - Our beautiful 7 acre campus is one of the most beautiful in the Inland Empire! Our students enjoy learning outdoors and taking in the gentle rhythm of koi ponds and grassy areas. We also have dedicated classrooms for art (with ceramic kilns), music, a full sized gym, science labs and an extensive library.
Foothill Country Day School Photo #9 - Our students love physical education and wellness! It isn't just traditional sports though! They enjoy a host of activities not available at other schools including yoga, badminton, archery and even juggling.
- Since 1954, Foothill Country Day School has served families throughout the Inland Empire and San Gabriel Valley.
- Programs from Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade are offered on a beautiful 7 acre campus, along with our on-site preschool, The Seedling School. A Foothill education is grounded in character and academic excellence and is supported by robust enrichment opportunities and arts education.
Foothill Country Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||426 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki pants, plaid skirts and polo shirts. Formal dress uniform (jacket) for special occasions)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / Apr. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,145|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies slightly by grade.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,773|
|Admissions Director||Colette Sims|
|Admissions Associate||Jayme Lawshe|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Competition Debate Team, Math Club, Odyssey of the Mind Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Orchestra, Over 25 Enrichment Classes offered after school each week
- Since 1954, Foothill Country Day School has served families throughout the Inland Empire and San Gabriel Valley. The Seedling School, our on-site preschool, is a perfect way to start your educational journey. A Foothill education provides the foundation for solid character, a lifetime of learning, and successful engagement in society. A rich array of after school programs is available including orchestra, MakerSpace classes and competitive teams for sports, mathematics, and debate. The foundation of character and academics at Foothill enables students to matriculate to the high schools of their choice, and from there to the most competitive colleges and universities across the country. Campus visits are welcome. You`ll find beautiful grounds and impressive facilities, along with kind students. Diverse faculty members love their work and seek to know each child as an individual, pledging to meet each child where they are for a customized education. Admission Visit Day events are scheduled from November through February of each year, and private tours are given at your convenience. Please contact Director of Enrollment, Colette Sims, for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 626-5681. www.foothillcds.org
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Claremont Grades: PK-K | 68 students
654 E. 6th Street
Claremont, CA 91711
(909)621-8086 1.5 PK-K
- Pomona Grades: PK-8 | 127 students
935 E Kingsley Ave
Pomona, CA 91767
(909)623-9602 2.2 PK-8
- Rancho Cucamonga Grades: PK-8 | 275 students
9974 19th Street
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
(909)989-2804 8.5 PK-8
- Claremont Grades: NS-12 | 762 students
3105 Padua Ave
Claremont, CA 91711
(909)624-8291 2.6 NS-12
My child is in 5th grade and we love the Foothill environment. The grounds are beautiful and peaceful, the students are friendly and well-behaved. I am proud that my children are friends with them. We are a family that values our faith, but we wanted our children to be exposed to all kinds of cultures and religions; Foothill provides that extreme diversity. At 5th grade the work is extremely challenging, but is useful and project based; not just busy work. One of the best features of this school is the after school program, hands down. They have a variety of classes every day including karate, debate team, student council and orchestra. No more running around to Kumon, the Claremont Club, or music lessons. Instead, it is all right at Foothill, making my professional life much easier. Foothill is very much a family-oriented school and the activities can be 24/7 if you let it. This probably isn't the school for you don't want that kind of intense community.
- Posted by Parent - SusanLi
My child goes to 1st grade at Foothill Country Day, and he absolutely loves it. We have been here only 6 months, we feel we made the right selection. The instructors and staff are brilliant and caring. The facility itself provides a clean, secure, and state-of-the-art learning environment where children can clearly thrive and benefit themselves of the school's vast array of extra-curricular activities. The quality of the academic instruction is also superior; it is structured and elaborate yet presented in a very tender and welcome environment. Ask yourself if you want an outstanding education for your youngsters? This is your school Foothill Country Day.
- Posted by Parent - Mr. Gallo
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?