Foundations for the Future School
5.00 (14 reviews)
- Foundations for the Future offers a Creative Child Care Center and Elementary/Middle School, accredited by NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) and SACS-CASI (Southern Association of Colleges & School-Council on Accreditation & School Improvement).
- Foundations also offers after-school and summer camp programs. Foundations' innovative program has been repeatedly recognized for creating an ideal balance between home and school, play and learning.
- Foundations enhances children's thinking and learning abilities through the AQ curriculum experience.
- The SACS-CASI & NAEYC accreditations place Foundations at the top percentage of schools in the nation focusing on early childhood development and education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Elementary Only: Unform shirts with choice of pants, shorts, skirts, etc)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,255|
|Tuition Notes||Other rates apply to the Before & After School Program, hot lunches, summer camp, field trips, extra-curricular activities, etc.|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jessica Sampson|
|Admissions Associate||Lynn McKinnon|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Gymnastics, Intramural Sports Only, Martial Arts, Rock Climbing, SoccerGymnastics, Intramural Sports Only,|
Martial Arts, Rock Climbing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ballet & Tap, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, Music & Drama|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- By participating in the Foundations K-5th program, your child will: - Be respected as a natural learner who thrives best in an atmosphere attuned to individual interests, strengths, and needs. - Cultivate personal qualities such as honesty, curiosity, independent thinking, and respect. - Pursue healthy physical activity and a meaningful experience of the arts. - Develop a sense of excitement, wonder, & curiosity for learning through interdisciplinary, inquiry-based projects. Progress at their own pace, constantly being encouraged to reach the next skill level, often in advance of their grade level. - Gain true comprehension of the GA Performance Standards in Language, Math, Science, & Social Studies. Non-Traditional Learning - We believe Foundations for the Future has a uniqueness that sets it apart from other private schools. Combining a love of learning with a demonstrated commitment to excellence and creativity, Foundations provides its students the foundation of skills and the joy for learning that are necessary for lifelong education. Families join devoted, expert teachers to make Foundations a truly dynamic place.
- "What do you want to learn about this week " At Foundations, teachers help children meet their objectives through topics they choose. Through varied teacher methods and mixed-grade classes, learning pace can be adjusted individually to meet each child's needs. Teachers challenge and empower children to learn, research, and discuss topics, even in advance of their grade level. Facilities & Programs - Foundations offers the benefits of a small classroom setting combined with facilities and programs typically found only in larger schools. - Facilities - Two Large Playgrounds - Field for sports play; sandbox, swings, and nature areas. - Covered Outdoor Gym Areas - Rubber surfacing for sports skills practice and protected outdoor play on rainy days. - Gymnastics Academy - Optional martial arts & gymnastics programs held in this 10,000 sq fully equipped gymnasium, complete with in-ground trampolines, foam pit, bars, and tumbling floor. - Art Room & Clay Kiln - Variety of art materials, including clay and glazes. - Field Trips - Monthly field trips to support classroom studies. - Homemade Meals & Snacks - Included in tuition, served family style, up to 5 meals/day. - Computer Lab & Library - Educational resources, games, books and periodicals. - Specialist-Taught Programs - Science, Music, Communication, and Body Basics PE Programs allow children to learn from teachers with specialized training in these important areas. - Integrated Curriculum - Our AQ Curriculum for elementary grades provides a focus of teaching developmental skills while meeting GA Performance Standards in Language, Math, Science, & Social Studies. - Core Curriculum Resources - Excel Mathematics, Centrifuge Language Arts, Red Rocket Readers, TouchPhonics, Wordly Wise Vocabulary, Weekly Readers, and National Geographic Periodicals; Social Studies field trips and class visitors, Science through experiments and projects. - Developmental Curriculum - Children's learning is supplemented weekly with specialist-taught Premium Services that focus on the main developmental areas: Music (cognitive & social development); Art (self-expression), and Emotional Education (cognitive, social, communication, and self-help), and Physical. - Schedule - Class is Monday through Friday, between 8:00-2:30, and follows the Cobb County School schedule for early release, teacher work days, and holidays. Before & afterschool and holiday care is available in the regular classroom for these days, when Foundations Child Care Center is open.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kennesaw Grades: 4-12 | 100 students
1291 Stanley Rd Nw
Kennesaw, GA 30152
(770)427-0147 0.3 4-12
Our children have attended Foundations since 2012. The school uses evidence-based techniques and progressive teaching strategies to engage students every step of the way. Movement is a priority, as research shows how learning is positively affected immediately after explorative play. Plant a fully-functioning garden rather than watch a movie about photosynthesis: see photosynthesis in action. Study Picasso and then paint using his techniques. Read and discuss books like it's a book club. This school is creative, fun, and has prepared my kids to transition to middle school well. Two thumbs up for FFTF (I'd give more thumbs if I had more).
- Posted by Parent - WDfs
My daughter has been attending Foundations for a year and our experience has been nothing short of AMAZING! The teachers and administration has been awesome, friendly and very welcoming every day. They keep in touch with me whenever my child is sick or has any needs that require the attention. She has absolutely fell in love with all her teachers and we will be staying with Foundations for a long time.
- Posted by Parent - Thankful Mom
Absolutely the best childcare/preschool in the metro area. Foundations has been life-changing for our family and I am certain our son would be a different kid without this environment every day. His vocabulary is incredible and he consistently comes home with new words and surprises us with what he has learned. The teachers and administrative staff are nurturing, caring, and communicative. There are several options for Parent Night Out events, Fall and Spring Festivals, etc. The outdoor covered play area is lovely for the little kiddos to get fresh air even when it's raining, and the gym with a foam pit and trampoline is another plus. As an educator, I fully agree with their academic philosophy and highly recommend Foundations!
- Posted by Parent - Laura Emerick
Our son has been in the elementary school program at Foundations for two years and we are really happy with the school. It offers small class sizes and a more individualized approach to learning than you get in other schools. Their philosophy is `learning by doing`, so for example, instead of doing lots of repetitive boring worksheets, they learn through experimenting, touching and playing games. They incorporate movement into the day and each morning starts with free play in the gym. That gets the energy out and leaves the kids ready to learn. They have great communication on what is going on in the classroom, with a daily update which includes photos. The report cards actually outline what is in the curriculum for each subject and how your child is progressing in each main area within that subject. Much more meaningful than a solitary number or letter per subject. The teachers are always accessible and are very supportive of each child recognizing they are all different. This school has been a great find for our family, we highly recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - Atlparent
Foundations for the Future gives you the best value in child care for what you pay. They offer every single thing we were looking for at a price we could afford. After an exhaustive search for adequate yet affordable daycare I was relieved to finally discover Foundations. The teachers keep us up to date with any issues and focus on areas of needed improvement. They are the only reason I am able to go to work with a sound mind every morning.
- Posted by Parent - Kaitlyn Dreifus
Our son has been in the elementary school program at Foundations for two years and we are really happy with the school. It offers small class sizes and a more individualized approach to learning than you get in other schools. Their philosophy is learning by doing, so for example, instead of doing lots of repetitive boring worksheets they learn by playing games, touching and experimenting. They incorporate movement into the day and each morning starts with free play in the gym. That gets the energy out and leaves the kids ready to learn. They have great communication on what is going on in the classroom, with a daily update which includes photos. The teachers are always accessible and are very supportive of each child recognizing they are all different. Foundations has been a great fit for our family.
- Posted by Parent - atlmom
We are new to the Foundations school and could not be happier with the experience we have had thus far!!!!! The level of care they have shown for my child is far above the standard of traditional schools. I am so grateful that we have discovered this school so early in my daughters life. We will be a Foundations family until she graduates from 5th !!
- Posted by Parent - The Galione family
Hi! We have sent all three of our children to Foundations since 2014. We are pleased with them and can't say enough good things about the teachers and staff. The gym is top-notch. The teachers are attentive and sweet. The school has convenient hours, great food, and a loving environment for the children.
- Posted by Parent - Happy mom
We've had a great experience here for several years.
- Posted by Parent - happyparent
Y daughter has been going here since she was 7 months old. She loves it!!!! The teachers and staff are great and the facility is so inviting.
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer
Foundations is simply top notch. A place where my family and our little one feel safe, comfortable, and at home. We love the upbeat teachers and daily communications and the creative ways they approach new subjects. They have everything I was looking for and more as a parent. Can't wait to progress through the years with them!
- Posted by Parent - miche
I have a son in first grade and a son in a 3 yr old preschool class (we have attended since 2007). They are excited everyday to get to school and it is their home away from home. This is truly is a creative school for children - from the infant room all the way to 6th grade. The daily communication of their class activities in my inbox before I pick them up is the best part. I am able to talk to my kids about their day and feel like I was there, even though I have to be at work. Forget the days of asking your child, "what did you do today?" and getting the answer, "nothing." Go here and you have the ability to be apart of your children's school experience, even when you physically can't!
- Posted by Parent - lba25
I have 2 daughters at FFTF and they have attended for over 5 years. Parents are always welcome at the school and can be as involved as they like (a big change from prior schools they have attended!) The curriculum is always on the cutting edge (STEM-integrated curriculum) and the teachers go the extra mile to make sure the instruction is at my child's level. They are multiage so children can be moved throughout the day as needed (my daughters have always been above grade level and at this school were able to work in the higher level instructional materials at all times due to the ways teachers personalize instruction). If you want personalized instruction with caring teachers, this is the place! It is an excellent school for advanced, independent learners and also for all other children who are ready to learn at their own pace.
- Posted by Parent - mshah
Foundations is the only place I would send my daughter! As a first time mom, I had so many worries but the staff and administration at FFTF has worked with me through all of my "moments" with understanding and support. My daughter has yet to have a day where she displayed any anxiety about my leaving. There are days she pushes out of my arms reaching for her teachers or just to get down and play. Another HUGE benefit of Foundations and the most important one to me is they are a breastfeeding friendly school. I have been able to breastfeed my daughter at lunch and before I take her home for the day. They have comfortable areas where we can enjoy being together for a feeding. I have never felt uncomfortable or anything but support from the staff about breastfeeding. Foundations also provides wonderful services to document everything! They send daily Discovery Reports with pictures of what they are doing in class. Now that my daughter is getting older, it is amazing to be able to look through my email and see her first days. I also registered for a Scrapbook service they provide, where I receive a scrapbook page each month including photographs from a professional photographer. Being a working mom, Foundations has saved me by taking so many pictures of my daughter and sharing them with me! Thanks to these services no moment is going to be missed!
- Posted by Parent - ballo
The benefits of studying a dead language.
Tuition at private schools varies from nothing at a few schools to over $100,000 for the most expensive school.
Finding a school which will accept your child after the normal admissions deadline has passed is not easy. But it can be done.