- Foundations for the Future offers a Creative Child Care Center and Elementary/Middle School, accredited by NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) and SACS-CASI (Southern Association of Colleges & School-Council on Accreditation & School Improvement).
- Foundations also offers after-school and summer camp programs. Foundations' innovative program has been repeatedly recognized for creating an ideal balance between home and school, play and learning.
- Foundations enhances children's thinking and learning abilities through the AQ curriculum experience.
- The SACS-CASI & NAEYC accreditations place Foundations at the top percentage of schools in the nation focusing on early childhood development and education.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Elementary Only: Unform shirts with choice of pants, shorts, skirts, etc)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,255|
|Tuition Notes||Other rates apply to the Before & After School Program, hot lunches, summer camp, field trips, extra-curricular activities, etc.|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jessica Sampson|
|Admissions Associate||Lynn McKinnon|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Gymnastics, Intramural Sports Only, Martial Arts, Rock Climbing, SoccerGymnastics, Intramural Sports Only,
Martial Arts, Rock Climbing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ballet & Tap, Cooking, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, Music & Drama, Musical Theater, Soccer Ballet & Tap, Cooking, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, Music & Drama, Soccer, Musical Theater,
- By participating in the Foundations K-5th program, your child will: - Be respected as a natural learner who thrives best in an atmosphere attuned to individual interests, strengths, and needs. - Cultivate personal qualities such as honesty, curiosity, independent thinking, and respect. - Pursue healthy physical activity and a meaningful experience of the arts. - Develop a sense of excitement, wonder, & curiosity for learning through interdisciplinary, inquiry-based projects. Progress at their own pace, constantly being encouraged to reach the next skill level, often in advance of their grade level. - Gain true comprehension of the GA Performance Standards in Language, Math, Science, & Social Studies. Non-Traditional Learning - We believe Foundations for the Future has a uniqueness that sets it apart from other private schools. Combining a love of learning with a demonstrated commitment to excellence and creativity, Foundations provides its students the foundation of skills and the joy for learning that are necessary for lifelong education. Families join devoted, expert teachers to make Foundations a truly dynamic place.
- "What do you want to learn about this week?" At Foundations, teachers help children meet their objectives through topics they choose. Through varied teacher methods and mixed-grade classes, learning pace can be adjusted individually to meet each child's needs. Teachers challenge and empower children to learn, research, and discuss topics, even in advance of their grade level. Facilities & Programs - Foundations offers the benefits of a small classroom setting combined with facilities and programs typically found only in larger schools. - Facilities - Two Large Playgrounds - Field for sports play; sandbox, swings, and nature areas. - Covered Outdoor Gym Areas - Rubber surfacing for sports skills practice and protected outdoor play on rainy days. - Gymnastics Academy - Optional martial arts & gymnastics programs held in this 10,000 sq fully equipped gymnasium, complete with in-ground trampolines, foam pit, bars, and tumbling floor. - Art Room & Clay Kiln - Variety of art materials, including clay and glazes. - Field Trips - Monthly field trips to support classroom studies. - Homemade Meals & Snacks - Included in tuition, served family style, up to 5 meals/day. - Computer Lab & Library - Educational resources, games, books and periodicals. - Specialist-Taught Programs - Science, Music, Communication, and Body Basics PE Programs allow children to learn from teachers with specialized training in these important areas. - Integrated Curriculum - Our AQ Curriculum for elementary grades provides a focus of teaching developmental skills while meeting GA Performance Standards in Language, Math, Science, & Social Studies. - Core Curriculum Resources - Excel Mathematics, Centrifuge Language Arts, Red Rocket Readers, TouchPhonics, Wordly Wise Vocabulary, Weekly Readers, and National Geographic Periodicals; Social Studies field trips and class visitors, Science through experiments and projects. - Developmental Curriculum - Children's learning is supplemented weekly with specialist-taught Premium Services that focus on the main developmental areas: Music (cognitive & social development); Art (self-expression), and Emotional Education (cognitive, social, communication, and self-help), and Physical. - Schedule - Class is Monday through Friday, between 8:00-2:30, and follows the Cobb County School schedule for early release, teacher work days, and holidays. Before & afterschool and holiday care is available in the regular classroom for these days, when Foundations Child Care Center is open.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MariettaGrades: PK-6 | 165 students
150 Powers Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30067
AtlantaGrades: K-8 | 550 students
46 Peachtree Way Ne
Atlanta, GA 30305
KennesawGrades: 6-12 | 135 students
1291 Stanley Rd Nw
Kennesaw, GA 30152
RoswellGrades: NS-8 | 403 students
1055 Willeo Road
Roswell, GA 30075
MariettaGrades: PK | 75 students
3001 Johnson Ferry Rd
Marietta, GA 30062
Foundations is simply top notch. A place where my family and our little one feel safe, comfortable, and at home. We love the upbeat teachers and daily communications and the creative ways they approach new subjects. They have everything I was looking for and more as a parent. Can't wait to progress through the years with them!
- Posted by Parent - miche
I have a son in first grade and a son in a 3 yr old preschool class (we have attended since 2007). They are excited everyday to get to school and it is their home away from home. This is truly is a creative school for children - from the infant room all the way to 6th grade. The daily communication of their class activities in my inbox before I pick them up is the best part. I am able to talk to my kids about their day and feel like I was there, even though I have to be at work. Forget the days of asking your child, "what did you do today?" and getting the answer, "nothing." Go here and you have the ability to be apart of your children's school experience, even when you physically can't!
- Posted by Parent - lba25
I have 2 daughters at FFTF and they have attended for over 5 years. Parents are always welcome at the school and can be as involved as they like (a big change from prior schools they have attended!) The curriculum is always on the cutting edge (STEM-integrated curriculum) and the teachers go the extra mile to make sure the instruction is at my child's level. They are multiage so children can be moved throughout the day as needed (my daughters have always been above grade level and at this school were able to work in the higher level instructional materials at all times due to the ways teachers personalize instruction). If you want personalized instruction with caring teachers, this is the place! It is an excellent school for advanced, independent learners and also for all other children who are ready to learn at their own pace.
- Posted by Parent - mshah
Foundations is the only place I would send my daughter! As a first time mom, I had so many worries but the staff and administration at FFTF has worked with me through all of my "moments" with understanding and support. My daughter has yet to have a day where she displayed any anxiety about my leaving. There are days she pushes out of my arms reaching for her teachers or just to get down and play. Another HUGE benefit of Foundations and the most important one to me is they are a breastfeeding friendly school. I have been able to breastfeed my daughter at lunch and before I take her home for the day. They have comfortable areas where we can enjoy being together for a feeding. I have never felt uncomfortable or anything but support from the staff about breastfeeding. Foundations also provides wonderful services to document everything! They send daily Discovery Reports with pictures of what they are doing in class. Now that my daughter is getting older, it is amazing to be able to look through my email and see her first days. I also registered for a Scrapbook service they provide, where I receive a scrapbook page each month including photographs from a professional photographer. Being a working mom, Foundations has saved me by taking so many pictures of my daughter and sharing them with me! Thanks to these services no moment is going to be missed!
- Posted by Parent - ballo
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.