Tel: (703) 971-4845
Franconia KinderCare Photo #2 - We offer a variety of Mini Camps throughout the year. Dinosaur Week was a blast!
Our teachers and staff at KinderCare on Grovedale Drive are dedicated, compassionate, loving caregivers and educators.
Our teachers have an average tenure of 4 1/2 years at KinderCare and an average of 10 years experience in the Early Childhood Education field.
Our teachers are consistently looking for ways to better themselves as educators.
They are adamant about keeping up to date on all new policies, regulations and changes in the field. 75% of our teachers have their Child Development Associates Credential (CDA) or higher degree, while the remaining 25% are continuing their education in pursuit of their Early Childhood Education degree.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Welcome to NAEYC accredited KinderCare Learning Center on Grovedale
Drive in Alexandria, VA. The teachers and I would like to invite
you in for a tour of our learning center. We want you to see
first hand, all the wonderful things that are happening at
KinderCare on Grovedale Drive.
Each classroom is filled with children who are eager to learn and whose growth and development is supported by our professional teachers. Your child's needs will be met to the fullest and we will provide the best child care possible to make your family feel at ease while you are away. Your child's safety and well being is in the best interest of all our teachers and staff.
We take pride in offering top quality education in our learning center through our curriculums in each class. We are always available to answer any questions and to support your family in any way possible. New ideas and opportunities are discovered each day here at KinderCare on Grovedale Drive. Come on in for a tour and take a look around. We look forward to meeting you and your child.
- At Franconia Road KinderCare, the safety of our children and the confidence of our parents are points of pride. From daily sign in to strict parent/guardian identification and single keypad access, we maintain rigorous standards for safety. Our daily cleanliness and maintenance schedules leave nothing at all to chance. Ms. Lee Ann Gray has been with KinderCare Learning Center since 1989. When it came time to choose a Health and Safety Coordinator Ms. Lee Ann was the number one choice for her excellent organization and her knowledge of this center. She has been our Health and Safety Coordinator since November 2011 and she keeps us on our toes everyday. She is in charge of keeping track of our daily cleaning sheets, playground checklists, and administration of medication, only to name a few items. She complies a report every month to make sure that the center is as safe as possible and welcoming to all the friends who enter the door the everyday.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:00 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Office for Children, Alexandria City, NACCRRA
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Franconia KinderCare is The Academy @ Metropolitan School of the Arts (1.1 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Calvary Road Christian School (0.7 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Chesterbrook Academy (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alexandria Grades: PK-K | 75 students
6200 Inter Parcel Rd
Alexandria, VA 22315
(703) 921-9600 0.6 PK-K
- Alexandria Grades: PK-K | 50 students
5801 Castlewellan Dr
Alexandria, VA 22315
(703) 822-0803 1 PK-K
- Alexandria Grades: NS-PK
6123 Gum St
Alexandria, VA 22310
(703) 922-5040 1.1 NS-PK
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed schools profoundly. It has affected teaching and activities. We look at these changes and how they impact our lives.