Fulton School at St. Albans
5.00 (7 reviews)
Fulton School at St. Albans Photo #2 - Whenever possible, we take the learning outdoors. Shown here, the lower elementary students are having science class in the creek.
Fulton School at St. Albans Photo #3 - Our Farm Program allows our students to experience learning outside of the textbook. We have an apiary (bees), chickens, goats, and gardens!
Fulton School at St. Albans Photo #4 - Class sizes are small -- at all grade levels. Being known in the classroom is important to us.
Fulton School at St. Albans Photo #5 - Our Montessori classrooms give students a one-of-a-kind, hands-on experience.
Fulton School at St. Albans Photo #6 - In a small, healthy environment, a student can be both loved and known an incredible environment for them to safely face the inevitable challenges, joys, and struggles of growing up.
Fulton School at St. Albans Photo #8 - Students of all ages learn how to present in front of their peers, from classroom presentations and Friday Morning Lower School Gatherings to Senior Project Presentations and even the sixth grade school play!
Fulton School at St. Albans Photo #9 - In our Makerspace Lab, students of all ages are learning to use tools and machines, such as a state-of-the-art laser cutter, vinyl cutter, heat press, and 3D printer. Students are learning to solder, sand, plane, program, design, drill and more!
- A co-ed, independent, Montessori school for students 18 months old through 12th grade, The Fulton School is small by design.
- There are no ceilings to what students can learn, and no hiding places for them to resist growth.
- The teaching styles are refreshing, and the students are engaged, accepted, and passionate about learning. Whether it's a determined first grader reading at a third-grade level or an enthusiastic 10th grader enamored with gardening, each child is as unique as his/her passion.
- And our teachers are experts at bringing the students' passions to life in their studies.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, English, History, Physics, Spanish V|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,725|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition range: $5,775-$21,725. Tuition assistance is available.|
|Admissions Director||Diane Loyd|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
- The Fulton School strives to be an extension of the home, cultivating children`s capabilities and challenging them to take academic risks and develop self-confidence.
- Set on a beautiful, 13-acre wooded campus just 10 minutes west of Wildwood, TFS is a small, Montessori-based, toddler through 12th grade school. There are no ceilings to hinder development and no hiding places for students to resist growth. The teaching styles are refreshing, and the students are engaged, accepted, and passionate about learning. Whether it`s a 2nd grader programming Lego robotics with an iPad, an 8th grader sketching out plans for a greenhouse, or an 11th grader cataloguing wildflowers on campus, TFS students are as unique as their passions. And the teachers are experts at bringing those passions to life in the classroom.
- Lower School includes daily PE class and outdoor play, plus weekly Spanish, music and art classes.
- Upper School offers a strong college-prep, liberal arts curriculum with clubs, electives, daily PE class, faculty advisors, extensive travel opportunities, and varsity athletics.
- Philanthropy, public speaking and entrepreneurial opportunities are integrated at all grade levels. Plus, a farm program involves all students through caring for animals like chickens, goats and bees, maintaining the gardens and orchard, running a business to sell eggs, honey and produce, and providing a laboratory for advanced science application.
- We invite you to discover Fulton School today!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ballwin Grades: PK-8 | 275 students
417 Weidman Rd
Ballwin, MO 63011
(636)394-6840 15.1 PK-8
- Ballwin Grades: K-8 | 297 students
15668 Clayton Rd
Ballwin, MO 63011
(636)227-8654 10.8 K-8
- Ballwin Grades: NS-8 | 426 students
555 Saint Joseph Ln
Ballwin, MO 63021
(636)391-1253 13.7 NS-8
- Chesterfield Grades: NS-8 | 297 students
238 Santa Maria Dr
Chesterfield, MO 63005
(636)532-1151 12.1 NS-8
I've have 2 graduates of this school and one currently enrolled. They strive to provide the best education for each student. The teachers get to know and understand their students. My kids always loved going to school each day! The upper school students have special field trip opportunities at the end of each quarter that are always fun and educational! I can't recommend this school enough. Every child deserves this kind of school!
- Posted by Parent - Jane
This school is so focused on the individual student. They work so hard to celebrate each child's strengths and to help them become the best version of themselves. With hands-on learning they focus on great academics but also wonderful life skills and all around development. My daughter loves her school.
- Posted by Parent - Amy Nienhaus
I have 3 children currently attending the Fulton School at St. Albans in grades 1-3. We could not be happier. Teachers are dedicated, highly qualified and compassionate. My children are anxious to attend school everyday. Even when they are sick, I repeatedly get asked, "When can I go to school?" Now that's a sign of a good school. :-) There is also a strong sense of community. Families are involved and know one another. In addition to the wonderful education and extra-curricular programs for students, there are many activities for parents such as: coffee/book chats, social events, parenting classes, volunteer work and more. The principal is very warm and welcoming and always willing to address any questions or concerns. I would highly recommend the Fulton School at St. Albans.
- Posted by Parent - cvick
I have a son who attends the upper school and have been pleasantly surprised at the difference between The Fulton School and public schools. Each child is treated individually by a wonderful group of teachers and school leaders. The quality of the athletic program in the upper school has been amazing for a small school and every student can play!
- Posted by Parent - bryan
I have three children with three different learning styles, and the needs of each are being met at The Fulton School. Not teaching to the test, allows the teachers a greater freedom and the students a greater independence to explore at a greater depth and breadth than would otherwise be possible. The diversity of learning and the freedom to learn for the sake of knowledge makes for happy, healthy kids. TFS is how school should be.
- Posted by Parent - bross
I have two children in the upper school at TFS. My kids LOVE to go to school. The teachers and support staff are like their second family. High quality academic education is prepared and presented by highly educated teachers whose love for teaching is evident in everything they do. The Montessori format allows both of my children to learn each subject using their own personal strengths rather than being forced into a mold. The individual attention, due to the small class size, allows for a personal education that is second to none.
- Posted by Parent - hcurr
The Fulton School of St. Albans is truly a place where I see kids love to learn. The entire community is excited and enthusiastic about learning, sharing and caring. Mu husband and I feel so fortunate to have our 2 daughters in the TFS. Our youngest daughter started at TFS in pre-school and now is in kindergarten. Immediately, we saw the little individual in her come alive and have observed her continue to grow every year. Our 3rd grade daughter transferred to TFS this year and SHE is amazed at how much fun learning can be!
- Posted by Parent - pineh
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.