Fulton School at St. Albans
5.00 (6 reviews)
Whenever possible, we take the learning outdoors. Shown here, kindergarten art class practicing their oil pastel techniques on the front patio.
In a small, healthy environment, a student can be both loved and known — an incredible environment for them to safely face the inevitable challenges, joys, and struggles of growing up.
- A co-ed, independent, Montessori school for students 18 months old through 12th grade, The Fulton School is small by design.
- There are no ceilings to what students can learn, and no hiding places for them to resist growth.
- The teaching styles are refreshing, and the students are engaged, accepted, and passionate about learning.Whether it's a determined first grader reading at a third-grade level or an enthusiastic 10th grader enamored with gardening, each child is as unique as his/her passion.
- And our teachers are experts at bringing the students' passions to life in their studies.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||119 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, English, Environmental Science, History, Spanish V,|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,975|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition range: $5,225-$20,975. Tuition assistance is available.|
|Admissions Director||Diane Loyd|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Golf,|
Track and Field
- The Fulton School strives to be an extension of the home, cultivating children`s capabilities and challenging them to take academic risks and develop self-confidence.
- Set on a beautiful, 13-acre wooded campus just 10 minutes west of Wildwood, TFS is a small, Montessori-based, toddler through 12th grade school. There are no ceilings to hinder development and no hiding places for students to resist growth. The teaching styles are refreshing, and the students are engaged, accepted, and passionate about learning. Whether it`s a 2nd grader programming Lego robotics with an iPad, an 8th grader sketching out plans for a greenhouse, or an 11th grader cataloguing wildflowers on campus, TFS students are as unique as their passions. And the teachers are experts at bringing those passions to life in the classroom.
- Lower School includes daily PE class and outdoor play, plus weekly Spanish, music and art classes.
- Upper School offers a strong college-prep, liberal arts curriculum with clubs, electives, daily PE class, faculty advisors, extensive travel opportunities, and varsity athletics.
- Philanthropy, public speaking and entrepreneurial opportunities are integrated at all grade levels. Plus, a farm program involves all students through caring for animals like chickens, goats and bees, maintaining the gardens and orchard, running a business to sell eggs, honey and produce, and providing a laboratory for advanced science application.
- We invite you to discover Fulton School today!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ChesterfieldGrades: NS-8
14000 Ladue Road
Chesterfield, MO 63017
- Saint LouisGrades: PK-8 | 92 students
915 N Elm Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63119
- BallwinGrades: PK-8 | 336 students
417 Weidman Rd
Ballwin, MO 63011
- Saint LouisGrades: PK-8 | 255 students
7825 Big Bend Blvd.
Saint Louis, MO 63119
- Saint LouisGrades: PK-8 | 181 students
1360 Tamm Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63139
This school is so focused on the individual student. They work so hard to celebrate each child's strengths and to help them become the best version of themselves. With hands-on learning they focus on great academics but also wonderful life skills and all around development. My daughter loves her school.
- Posted by Parent - Amy Nienhaus
I have 3 children currently attending the Fulton School at St. Albans in grades 1-3. We could not be happier. Teachers are dedicated, highly qualified and compassionate. My children are anxious to attend school everyday. Even when they are sick, I repeatedly get asked, "When can I go to school?" Now that's a sign of a good school. :-) There is also a strong sense of community. Families are involved and know one another. In addition to the wonderful education and extra-curricular programs for students, there are many activities for parents such as: coffee/book chats, social events, parenting classes, volunteer work and more. The principal is very warm and welcoming and always willing to address any questions or concerns. I would highly recommend the Fulton School at St. Albans.
- Posted by Parent - cvick
I have three children with three different learning styles, and the needs of each are being met at The Fulton School. Not teaching to the test, allows the teachers a greater freedom and the students a greater independence to explore at a greater depth and breadth than would otherwise be possible. The diversity of learning and the freedom to learn for the sake of knowledge makes for happy, healthy kids. TFS is how school should be.
- Posted by Parent - bross
I have two children in the upper school at TFS. My kids LOVE to go to school. The teachers and support staff are like their second family. High quality academic education is prepared and presented by highly educated teachers whose love for teaching is evident in everything they do. The Montessori format allows both of my children to learn each subject using their own personal strengths rather than being forced into a mold. The individual attention, due to the small class size, allows for a personal education that is second to none.
- Posted by Parent - hcurr
I have a son who attends the upper school and have been pleasantly surprised at the difference between The Fulton School and public schools. Each child is treated individually by a wonderful group of teachers and school leaders. The quality of the athletic program in the upper school has been amazing for a small school and every student can play!
- Posted by Parent - bryan
The Fulton School of St. Albans is truly a place where I see kids love to learn. The entire community is excited and enthusiastic about learning, sharing and caring. Mu husband and I feel so fortunate to have our 2 daughters in the TFS. Our youngest daughter started at TFS in pre-school and now is in kindergarten. Immediately, we saw the little individual in her come alive and have observed her continue to grow every year. Our 3rd grade daughter transferred to TFS this year and SHE is amazed at how much fun learning can be!
- Posted by Parent - pineh
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.