Galloway School Upper School
- The Galloway School is a non-profit school who seeks children of above average intelligence or gifted/talented.
- Students become well-rounded individuals who in return become well rounded citizens.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||187 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Maxine Burrus|
- The Galloway School is the only school in the Clear Lake area with an accelerated academic curriculum Our philosophy is to create a well-educated and a well-balanced individual. Our curriculum runs approximately 1 to 2 years ahead of the average U.S. schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: K | 70 students
17222 Mercury Dr
Houston, TX 77058
(281)480-7022 0 K
- Houston Grades: K-8 | 115 students
9560 Long Point Rd
Houston, TX 77055
(713)722-0177 30 K-8
- Houston Grades: K-12 | 530 students
1880 S. Dairy Ashford, Suite 170
Houston, TX 77077
(281)531-6743 32.4 K-12
- Houston Grades: PK-4 | 86 students
Houston, TX 77049
(713)453-2437 18.4 PK-4
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.