Gateway Legacy Christian Academy
- Gateway Legacy Christian Academy is an elite private school with Elementary and Middle school located in Glen Carbon, IL and high school located in Granite City, Illinois.
- We focus on individualized lessons and character education. Our goal is to educate students with academic rigor, passion, and creativity balanced by teaching them leadership responsibilities and self-esteem.
- Our academy represents various socio-economic and academic backgrounds and communities from across the Metro-East region.
- The Academy seeks to extend its reach beyond its student body by having an impact upon students everywhere.
- Gateway Legacy Christian Academy hosts international students from all over the world.
- Over the years we have had the honor and privilege of connecting with students from Italy, China, Japan, Thailand, Spain, Belgium, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Mexico, Korea and Latvia as well as Venezuela and Brazil.
- Our class sizes allow us to meet the individual needs of each student.
- We have partnered with Team 1st Sports Academy, which enables us to have a full sports program and a wide variety of P.E. classes.
- Our staff has a passion for teaching and each student is loved and appreciated as an individual.
- We have art, music, foreign language, technology, and extracurricular activities.
- We are accredited through the North Central Association/AdvancEd and recognized with the State of Illinois. Call for a tour today!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to Moderate Learning Differences|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki, navy or black bottoms and any color polo or collared shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates for the 2016-2017 school year for American students range from $1800 to $3500, plus fees. Tuition rates and fees differ for International students.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melissa Morrison|
|Admissions Associate||Tina Way|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBasketball, Dance,|
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art & Photography, Student Government Art & Photography,|
- Individualized Lessons
- Character Education
- Affordable Tuition
- Caring Staff
- Creative and Relaxed Environment
- Small Class Sizes
- Foreign Languages
- Music, Art, and Electives
- Monthly Payment Plan available
- Diverse Student Body
- Foreign Exchange Program
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Granite CityGrades: K-12 | 51 students
3237 W Chain Of Rocks Rd
Granite City, IL 62040
- EdwardsvilleGrades: K-9 | 253 students
128 N Buchanan St
Edwardsville, IL 62025
- AltonGrades: PK-12 | 106 students
2009 Seminary Street
Alton, IL 62002
- AltonGrades: PK-8 | 381 students
536 E 3rd St
Alton, IL 62002
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.