German International School of Silicon Valley- East Bay Campus
- GISSV is a bilingual school serving the broad academic needs of children from Preschool through Grade 12 in German and English. GISSV is the only elementary and secondary school in the Western United States that meets the strict accreditation requirements of the German government and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), thus enabling entry into the best European and American colleges and universities.
- The GISSV East Bay campus is located in Emeryville and offers a preschool through grade 8 program.
- The programs of the GISSV are created to meet the needs of families looking for a quality bilingual education.
- GISSV's pedagogical approach ensures that students are prepared for a smooth transition into the American and European educational systems.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 105 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)549-0605 2.4 K-8
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 686 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
(510)843-2512 2.8 K-12
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 876 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
(510)531-1300 4.4 K-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.