Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School
Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School Photo #2 - As a school situated in the heart of Silicon Valley, we recognize that our students are inhabiting a fast-changing world. Our STEM program which integrates science, technology, engineering, and math curriculum is designed to help them navigate that world and contribute to an ever-growing body of knowledge.
Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School Photo #3 - In addition to our standard kindergarten through 8th grade physical education program, Hausner participates in the Small School Intermediate League (SSIL), competing against various local private and public schools.
- Our Mission: To promote academic excellence, community responsibility, and vibrant Jewish living.
- We are a community day school, providing exceptional education in science, math, history, literature, Jewish studies, Hebrew language, music, art, sports, and technology to nearly 400 students.
- The academic excellence of our program is built on rigorous standards, exceptional faculty, and small student to teacher ratios.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||344 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Hillary Hazan-Glass|
|Admissions Associate||Amanda Evans|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Flag Football, Golf,
- Our enriching program encompasses general studies, Hebrew, Jewish studies, art, music, and physical education, balancing academic achievement with students` social, emotional, and physical well-being. Our curriculum teaches students important 21st century learning skills, such as problem-solving, critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creative use of technology providing a dynamic environment that encourages independent thinking. At Hausner, we support the idea that true learning comes from experience. As a result, our project-based learning approach helps students develop practical life skills through investigation, complex research, and decision making. These skills lead to deeper learning, greater retention, and increased student engagement. We integrate technology into our core curriculum in general studies (including math, science, social studies, and English), as well as Jewish studies and various levels of Hebrew to enhance project-based learning. Our STEM curriculum a hallmark of our education process is an interdisciplinary and applied-teaching approach that integrates hands-on experience in science, technology, engineering, and math for real-world, problem-based learning.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palo Alto Grades: NS-8 | 236 students
4000 Terman Drive
Palo Alto, CA 94306
(650)813-9131 1.4 NS-8
- Palo Alto Grades: 6-12
2191 E. Bayshore Road, Suite 100
Palo Alto, CA 94303
(650)857-0634 2.8 6-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.