Tel: (650) 543-4560
- Athena Academy uses powerful methods to teach students with dyslexia in the way they learn best.
- Our program is based on the latest neuroscience research, which shows that dyslexic students learn best using their strong visual-spatial thinking abilities. Athena Academy is located on a spacious 3 acre campus in Palo Alto, CA.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$700|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$38,500|
|Admissions Director||Anne Boswell|
- Athena Academy provides exceptional education for students whose primary diagnosis is Dyslexia or one of its synonyms: Specific learning disorder, Specific reading disorder, DSM diagnostic category 315. In addition, the student must have an average or above average intelligence, and be able to learn in a focused classroom without creating disruptions that prevent themselves or others from learning. To to apply, children will need the psycho-educational test results to substantiate the diagnosis, intelligence, and behavior.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palo Alto Grades: Inquire with school | 53 students
3860 Middlefield Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94303
(650) 494-1200 0.7 Inquire with school
- Palo Alto Grades: NS-8 | 236 students
4000 Terman Drive
Palo Alto, CA 94306
(650) 813-9131 1.5 NS-8
- San Jose Grades: PK-12 | 198 students
5828 Santa Teresa Blvd
San Jose, CA 95123
(408) 578-4800 19 PK-12
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.