- The Goddard School uses the most current, academically endorsed methods to ensure that children from six weeks to six years old have fun while learning the skills they need for long-term success in school and in life.
- Talented teachers collaborate with parents to nurture children into respectful, confident and joyful learners.
- The Goddard School's AdvancED and Middle States-accredited F.L.EX. Learning Program reaches more than 45,000 students in 430+ Goddard Schools in 35 states.
- The Goddard School's comprehensive play-based curriculum, developed with early childhood education experts, provides the best childhood preparation for social and academic success.
- To learn more about The Goddard School, please visit www.goddardschool.com. Learning for fun. Learning for life.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Alice Busch|
TOP 10 REASONS TO CHOOSE
THE GODDARD SCHOOL
45091 Research Place
Ashburn, VA 20147
- We are rated a “Top Daycare Center: 2010” by Northern Virginia Magazine. We have been recognized as "Top Merchant" for being a "reliable and trusted business" and our "commitment to community".
- We are the only Early Childhood Center in Northern Virginia to offer a chess program as part of their curriculum. Chess encourages higher-level thinking skills, training the brain to think deeply and developing a children's mental state to help them become more alert.
- We have a combined total of 115 years of Early Childhood experience in our building. That’s commitment!
- Every member of our faculty and management are passionate about working with children. All lead teachers are degreed and our staff continues to follow the progress of their former students as they transition to other classes within our program.
- We are the only Early Childhood Center in Northern Virginia who purchases 100% Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) to educate young people about their impact on the environment and teach them to be more socially responsible.
- Our faculty not only implements the Goddard Systems AdvancED-accredited program, which exceeds the state of Virginia standards, they take pride in follow through on the lesson plans that they create for our children based on their growth needs.
- We bring sensory stimulation alive for our babies. We are the only Early Childhood Center in Northern Virginia to offer Yoga classes three times a week and sign language in all classes starting with Infants.
- Our School has received 100% in every Goddard QA review since we have been open.
- We are the only Early Childhood Center that is a member of the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau. We uphold a dedicated and sincere management team that strives for excellence on all fronts.
- When it comes to communication with parents, we communicate, communicate, communicate via our Web site, Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Newsletter, Emails, Daily Reports, Monthly Activity & Snack Menu Calendars, Telephone and more!
Our Enrichment Programs Include:
• Music & Movement: Musically Yours, Inc.- Studies have shown that music stimulates children's brains while helping them to express their feelings, investigate rhythm, and explore other cultures. Children are able to obtain musical literacy through innovative, fun activities and active participation.
• Art Appreciation/Art History: Trampoline™ Learning Programs for Young Minds - Art History for Kids is a unique way for young children to learn about the most influential artists throughout history. Teachers use age-appropriate art projects, games, and activities to expose children to art from prehistoric and ancient times through the art of the 20th century.
• Physical Fitness and Nutrition: B.A.S.E. (Balance, Agility, Strength, and Endurance) The objective of the Goddard B.A.S.E. Fitness Program is to expose children to the skills necessary to support their active lives, to develop positive self-esteem, and to set the foundation for a healthy life-style. Goddard's fitness program also incorporates a nutrition component by teaching children how to make healthy food choices. Children learn to identify various foods, investigate food ethnicity, and observe the physical changes that can take place in foods during preparation and digestion.
• Sign Language: Time to Sign® Program - The sign language program introduces children to American Sign Language (ASL). Children, even infants, learn to sign through the use of songs, games stories, and play. Recent findings indicate that a bilingual approach with hearing children enhances literacy skills and activates brain growth and development. Sign has also been shown to reduce conflict, facilitate an understanding of human emotions, and increase children's confidence and self-esteem.
• Foreign Language: Trampoline™ Learning Programs for Young Minds - The Explorer Program by Trampoline™ introduces children to the Spanish language and culture. With hundreds of games, songs, and activities, the Explorer Program provides hours of learning and fun.
• Language Arts: Scholastic's Building Language for Literacy™ - This program equips young children with the critical language and literacy skills, and experiences, they need to build the foundation for success in reading. It is built upon children's home and community experiences to create meaningful connections.
• Manners: The Goddard Guide to Getting Along™ - Our innovative program fosters acquisition of the essential skills of: Friendship, Compassion, Cooperation, and Kindness. The program incorporates a variety of activities that inspire thoughtful discussion; provide practice on an individual and group level; and include class-wide, school-wide, and community-wide opportunities for skill building at an age-appropriate level, even as young as 18 months.
• Math: The Goddard School® math curriculum's purpose is to enable students to classify, sequence, pattern, and understand numerical concepts. It is also used as a tool to develop appropriate math experiences for children.
• Science: The Goddard School® science curriculum's goal is to provide children the opportunity to observe, record, and compare the results of activities, experiments, and natural phenomena.
• Yoga: Yogaroo - This cross-curricular learning experience helps younger learners improve focus, balance, creativity, flexibility, body awareness, and control.
• Computers: Computers are located in the all classrooms for children 2 1/2 years to 12 years. In addition, the classes have scheduled times that they visit the computer lab.
- People that viewed Goddard School-ashburn also viewed these schools: Ashburn Village Country Day School.
The Goddard School has made a tremendous impact on my daughter, who had previously been there for 5 years and is now a 1st-grade student in public school in Loudoun County. She has excelled in Reading, Writing, Math, Science and now being in public school, is far and ahead of other students in her class. I believe the environment and teachers she previously had in Kindergarten made a big difference in her confidence, her ability to work well with others and her personality overall. I can confidently say if the Goddard School had the 1st-grade program we would have kept her in the same school. My son who is now 2 is also at the Goddard School and hoping for the same impact on him as he gets older. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - Pratik
In February 2016, my husband and I were exploring our childcare options for our daughter. As you know, several options exist (family, licensed home care, formal school, nanny). We weighed the pros and cons of each option. Eventually, we decided that a formal school worked best for our family. We looked at several in the area. However, The Goddard School felt like family! The staff and teachers welcomed us with open arms as we asked countless questions about the sanitation process, teachers, and curriculum. When it was time for our daughter to start school, the staff and teachers were patient with us as we introduced our daughter into the classroom. Like most first time moms, I was nervous about leaving my baby and returning to work. Fortunately, The Goddard School has patient teachers and staff that were very accommodating during my daughter's transition. Now, it's hard to believe that this school year kicks off our fourth year with Goddard! As I walk past the infant and young toddler classrooms, I often smile as I think about our journey. My daughter is flourishing (emotionally, socially, and academically) and I am incredibly grateful for the Goddard School in Ashburn - Research Place. In closing, The Goddard School takes great pride in providing a safe nurturing environment for little ones. They welcome feedback and they work really hard to address our questions and concerns. Our daughter loves her teachers and friends. When I pick her up in the evening, sometimes she even gives her teacher a hug before leaving! Certainly, a mom loves to see her little one happy at school!
- Posted by Parent - Rita
Currently a parent at the Goddard School Ashburn at Reserach Place. My daughter has attend this amazing pre-school since 6 weeks old. Exploring schools Goddard has been my number #1 and only choice. Each teacher has their very own unique style, most importantly their loving care for my daughter as well as others. The Kindergarten program I only have great words and precious moments. Starting with the small setting, the academics, the FANTASTIC teacher and overall safety has kept me coming back. My daughter now attends the Goddard after school program and summer program. She continues to learn and helps being a big buddy during the after school program with the current Kindergarters, which she loves. Goddard has support me in building a confident little girl, that's full of joy, that has power in her words, a great heart, and most important a rising leader. Thank you Goddard School.
- Posted by Parent - Nyteisha S
This is a wonderful daycare & preschool. The staff is very friendly, attentive to each child and majority have a master degree. You will not be disappointed. My daughter graduated KG from this location and my new born now is in the infant class. Low staff turnover and just a wonderful environment for kids to grow in.
- Posted by Parent - milli
I interviewed over 20 daycares, but Goddard is the best. The teachers are caring and patient. The majority of teachers have a degree. They are constantly reading books, preparing art projects, teaching baby sign language, and encouraging the use of manners.
- Posted by Parent - Rebek
The Goddard School in Ashburn is a wonderful, caring environment. We have an engaging curriculum that is geared to meet the needs of each individual child. The children are well prepared for elementary school when they complete our program.
- Posted by Teacher - mari
My child is very new to this school. For younger children, I appreciate the age-appropriate use of play as a means to educate. I like the fact that this is more than a day care facility, but an actual school that aims to have my almost-3-year-old child prepared for grade school. I especially like the idea that there is an emphasis on academic readiness and that we will have some idea about areas of strength and weakness to guide us once she is ready for school.
- Posted by Parent - Tashy
The well rounded, play based approach encourages learning. The teachers and staff are wonderful educators and caring people.
- Posted by Parent - mikel