The Axon School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (703) 828-5863
The Axon School serves students who benefit from a small class size and students with language-based learning differences.
In a community that nurtures mutual respect and compassion, we cultivate the academic potential of each child through multimodal, differentiated instruction.
By teaching learning strategies, self advocacy skills, and social competence, The Axon School prepares students for the next level of education.
We believe that the key to academic, social and emotional growth is to recognize the whole child: who they are and how they learn.
Our teachers develop specific strategies for learning and personal achievement by zeroing in on each child's unique abilities and learning style.
The Axon School places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Language-based|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jul. 15 / Dec. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,500|
|Tuition Notes||Multiple Incentives avaliable|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Akif|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Coding Club, Cooking Club, Speech Club
The Axon School supports students in grades 1-8 who benefit from smaller class sizes and personalized instruction in a respectful and engaging community.
- We ensure our students who do have learning challenges are felt included in our community and their abilities are nurtured using executive function strategies.
- Axon students are eager to learn and are socially and behaviorally healthy. Students arrive to The Axon School often feeling discouraged and within a few short weeks their confidence and self-esteem are visibly gaining strength as they begin to experience their own potential.
- Our students quickly learn that they have a voice and how best to use it to their advantage.
- While we are a school that can serves children with mild learning differences, to guarantee the individual attention that each student will receive, The Axon School cannot support children with behavioral issues.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school and elementary school to The Axon School is Loudoun School for Advanced Studies (0.2 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Ha'penny Montessori School (0.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ashburn Grades: NS | 33 students
44051 Ashburn Shopping Plz
Ashburn, VA 20147
(703) 729-6567 0.6 NS
- Ashburn Grades: NS-PK
43323 Railstop Ter
Ashburn, VA 20147
(703) 729-5680 1.1 NS-PK
As a mother of 2 and a teacher, I can say the program and the people behind it are great. Highly recommended!
- Posted by Parent - Amber Ahmed
The staff at The Axon School were very attentive to my questions and gave a wonderful tour of the place, which looks very inviting! I think our daughter will enjoy being a part of this school.
- Posted by Parent - Sam
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed schools profoundly. It has affected teaching and activities. We look at these changes and how they impact our lives.