Good Shepherd Catholic School
- At Good Shepherd Catholic School, our mission is to provide all students with a high quality Catholic education that maximizes student success in a safe and supportive environment.
- Good Shepherd Catholic School will assist each student in achieving their full potential by involving the cooperation and commitment of the teachers, parents and children.
- Good Shepherd Catholic School students develop Christian values and academic skills which will enable them to become competitive and productive citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$5390 for 1 child $9670 for 2 children $13420 for 3 children|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Debra Lendl|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choirs, Drama Club, National Junior Honor Society, Robotics, Student Council|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: PK-8 | 513 students
9635 Ferndale Rd
Dallas, TX 75238
(214)348-8070 4.3 PK-8
- Garland Grades: NS-12 | 344 students
1516 Lavon Drive
Garland, TX 75040
(972)487-0043 1.6 NS-12
- Garland Grades: K-5 | 16 students
5840 N Garland Ave
Garland, TX 75044
(972)496-6777 3.9 K-5
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.