Grace Christian Academy
- Grace has a relaxed class atmoshere. The students have their own offices, set their own goals and take responsibility for their progress.
- They learn life lessons, receive certificates at the completion of every unit of study in the presence of their classmates.
- The provides the encouragement that they need to move ahead.
- The older student body prepares for a livelyhood by enrolling in our vocational training program.
- Their choice is Funiture Building (shop) and Upholstery Service and Business Our extra curricular activities involve earned field trips, art, music, ministry in the community, regional and international student conventions.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and collar polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is charged and held at a minimum until the scholarships and grants are awarded. This allows parents a minimal financial cost at the beginning and due by the end of the school year.Registration is non refundable and due with application|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,124|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Pastor Lupe Diaz|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Cycling, Mountain Biking, SoccerCycling, Mountain Biking,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Vocational Training - Upholstery
Arts and Music Programs:
Vocational Training - Furniture Building (shop)
- School hours are 8:00-12:00 for Pre-school and Kindergarten 8:00-3:00 for the elementary, junior high and high school classes All observed holidays are days off Lunch is the responsibility of the parent tentative school day 8:20 doors open 8:30 Assembly in the sanctuary 8:45 start classes 10:00 first break for all classes restroom breaks allowed and privilege cards earned for extra time off 10:15-10:30 (extra time earned as privilege) 11:30 Pre-school and Kindergarten dismissed for the day 11:50 break for lunch 12:20 back to class 1:30 break 2:35 time to clean up and gather homework or personals 2:45 dismissed for the day 2:50 detention time starts 3:20 pick up students on detention We use a merit and demerit system to motivate the children to excellence. A required parent orientation meeting is held the beginning of the year, four weeks later for those who were not able to make the first one, on a Saturday. This is designed to help the parent understand the educational process we use with the student. Uniforms are a Khaki pant/skirt and a light colored polo shirt/blouse. Field trips are considered part of the school required days of attendance. Parents are encouraged to use their skills and talents to offer specific classed for the children. We also require volunteer time for each of the parents.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sierra Vista Grades: K-12 | 105 students
215 Taylor Drive
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
(520)417-1113 28 K-12
- Sonoita Grades: NS-9 | 20 students
3107 State Highway 83
Sonoita, AZ 85637
(520)455-5505 29.1 NS-9
- Sierra Vista Grades: PK-8 | 172 students
1447 S 7th Street
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
(520)458-2983 29.6 PK-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.