Hermosa Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- Hermosa Montessori is a school community of lifelong learners that integrates Montessori education with Arizona Academic Standards to foster self-motivated, moral, social and environmentally responsible individuals.
- Hermosa Montessori School is unique. Founded in 1978, it is a private, locally owned school for preschool and extended day kindergarten students, and a tuition free public charter school for kindergarten through eighth grade students.
- We have a distinctive Tucson location especially chosen for its beauty.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||305 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$675|
|Tuition Notes||Full Day Preschool|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
- Hermosa Montessori School offers a uniquely designed learning environment for students from preschool through middle school. Our classrooms are supportive communities of students and teachers that respect children as unique individuals. Each classroom community is designed to correspond to students developmental characteristics, interests, and abilities. Hermosa Montessori starts with the premise that children naturally want to learn, they learn in many different ways, and at their own pace. Learning is focused on experience, investigation, and research through active engagement, not rote drill and memorization.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: 1-12 | 38 students
2700 S 8th Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85713
(520)622-7611 14.8 1-12
- Tucson Grades: K-12
5870 East 14th Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520)300-6103 8.5 K-12
- Tucson Grades: K-3 | 112 students
8655 E Broadway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)751-1454 5.3 K-3
Hermosa Montessori is an authentic Montessori school, and I have been continually impressed with the quality of instruction and the nurturing environment of the school. My child has grown both academically and socially, as the school presents a holistic approach to learning, and I can honestly say that Hermosa students grow into poised, thoughtful and caring individuals. The classroom teaching model permits the students to explore their strengths while maintaining standards and, in my experience, this allows each student to thrive while challenging themselves. The students embrace learning in a way that is refreshing, and seem to be blissfully unaware of how extraordinary they are becoming.
- Posted by Parent - dougl
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.