Tel: (520) 300-6103
The Abbie School's staff takes great pride in providing an education that is inclusive of many diverse children with a wide range of developmental needs.
We offer data driven instruction,which is linked to college and career ready standards (Common Core), and modified for learners with diverse and special needs when it is in the best interest of the child.
Scholars also participate in social skills groups based on the principles of Social Thinking.
Children with learning individualities, as well as gifted and accelerated students excel in our unique family environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Moderate Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$225|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,500|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships and financial available. A majority of scholars are fully funded.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Liz Gallagher|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Moore|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Coding, Counseling, Drama, Gardening, Home Economics, Journalism, Life Skills, School beautification committee, sign language, Spanish, Sportsmanship, Student Council, Study Hall, Technology
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Orchestra, Piano Lab
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We offer small classes which allow our students to progress at their own pace while developing lasting childhood friends.
- Students are taught the core subjects of math, science, reading, writing, Spanish and social studies. They also participate in physical education, and have their choice of a variety of electives, including: art, coding, piano lab, orchestra, student council, home economics, gardening and more. In order to provide students with the environment needed to succeed, classrooms accommodate a maximum of 8 students in core classes. Each student is challenged to excel to the best of his or her ability. Children of all learning abilities are accepted at Abbie School, including students who are: gifted, high-functioning autistic, ADHD and ADD.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: 1-12 | 38 students
2700 S 8th Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85713
(520) 622-7611 6.3 1-12
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520) 731-2100 3.8 K-10
- Tucson Grades: PK-3 | 82 students
8655 E Broadway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520) 751-1454 3.5 PK-3
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.