- The Abbie School's staff takes great pride in providing an education that is inclusive of many diverse children with a wide range of developmental needs.
- We offer data driven instruction,which is linked to college and career ready standards (Common Core), and modified for learners with diverse and special needs when it is in the best interest of the child.
- Scholars also participate in social skills groups based on the principles of Social Thinking.
- Children with learning individualities, as well as gifted and accelerated students excel in our unique family environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$225|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,325|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships and financial available. A majority of scholars are fully funded.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Liz Gallagher|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Moore|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Coding, Counseling, Drama, Gardening, Home Economics, Journalism, Life Skills, School beautification committee, sign language, Spanish, Sportsmanship, Student Council, Study Hall, Technology
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Orchestra, Piano Lab
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We offer small classes which allow our students to progress at their own pace while developing lasting childhood friends.
- Students are taught the core subjects of math, science, reading, writing, Spanish and social studies. They also participate in physical education, and have their choice of a variety of electives, including: art, coding, piano lab, orchestra, student council, home economics, gardening and more. In order to provide students with the environment needed to succeed, classrooms accommodate a maximum of 8 students in core classes. Each student is challenged to excel to the best of his or her ability. Children of all learning abilities are accepted at Abbie School, including students who are: gifted, high-functioning autistic, ADHD and ADD.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: 1-12 | 38 students
2700 S 8th Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85713
(520)622-7611 6.3 1-12
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)731-2100 3.8 K-10
- Tucson Grades: K-3 | 112 students
8655 E Broadway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)751-1454 3.5 K-3
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.