- The Abbie School's staff takes great pride in providing an education that is inclusive of many diverse children with a wide range of developmental needs.
- We offer data driven instruction,which is linked to college and career ready standards (Common Core), and modified for learners with diverse and special needs when it is in the best interest of the child.
- Scholars also participate in social skills groups based on the principles of Social Thinking.
- Children with learning individualities, as well as gifted and accelerated students excel in our unique family environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,000|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships and financial available. A majority of scholars are fully funded.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Liz Gallagher|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Moore|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Coding Class, Gardening, Home Economics, Library Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, Study Hall
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Orchestra, Piano Lab
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We offer small classes which allow our students to progress at their own pace while developing lasting childhood friends.
- Students are taught the core subjects of math, science, reading, writing, Spanish and social studies. They also participate in physical education, and have their choice of a variety of electives, including: art, coding, piano lab, orchestra, student council, home economics, gardening and more. In order to provide students with the environment needed to succeed, classrooms accommodate a maximum of 8 students in core classes. Each student is challenged to excel to the best of his or her ability. Children of all learning abilities are accepted at Abbie School, including students who are: gifted, high-functioning autistic, ADHD and ADD.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: 1-12 | 38 students
2700 S 8th Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85713
(520)622-7611 6.3 1-12
- Tucson Grades: K-12
6000 N Camino De La Tierra
Tucson, AZ 85741
(520)297-2288 12 K-12
- Tucson Grades: K-8 | 339 students
602 N Wilmot Rd
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520)722-8478 1 K-8
- Tucson Grades: K-6 | 32 students
510 S Highland Ave
Tucson, AZ 85719
(520)623-0104 4.9 K-6
- Tucson Grades: UG | 44 students
6625 N 1st Ave
Tucson, AZ 85718
(520)297-7278 9.4 UG
August 19, 2018
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
August 16, 2018
If you have been teaching for a few years, chances are that you will need to consider rebranding yourself.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.