- The Abbie School's staff takes great pride in providing an education that is inclusive of many diverse children with a wide range of developmental needs.
- We offer data driven instruction,which is linked to college and career ready standards (Common Core), and modified for learners with diverse and special needs when it is in the best interest of the child.
- Scholars also participate in social skills groups based on the principles of Social Thinking.
- Children with learning individualities, as well as gifted and accelerated students excel in our unique family environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,000|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships and financial available. A majority of scholars are fully funded.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Liz Gallagher|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Moore|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Coding Class, Gardening, Home Economics, Library Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, Study Hall
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Orchestra, Piano Lab
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We offer small classes which allow our students to progress at their own pace while developing lasting childhood friends.
- Students are taught the core subjects of math, science, reading, writing, Spanish and social studies. They also participate in physical education, and have their choice of a variety of electives, including: art, coding, piano lab, orchestra, student council, home economics, gardening and more. In order to provide students with the environment needed to succeed, classrooms accommodate a maximum of 8 students in core classes. Each student is challenged to excel to the best of his or her ability. Children of all learning abilities are accepted at Abbie School, including students who are: gifted, high-functioning autistic, ADHD and ADD.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TucsonGrades: 1-12 | 38 students
2700 S 8th Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85713
- TucsonGrades: K-12
6000 N Camino De La Tierra
Tucson, AZ 85741
- TucsonGrades: PK-8 | 456 students
8560 N Shannon Road
Tucson, AZ 85742
- TucsonGrades: K-8 | 351 students
602 N Wilmot Rd
Tucson, AZ 85711
- TucsonGrades: K-6 | 32 students
510 S Highland Ave
Tucson, AZ 85719
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.