St. Michael's School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (520) 722-8478
St. Michael's School Photo #2 - St. Michael`s School is situated on a three-acre campus in east-central Tucson, designed by famed Swiss-born architect Josias T. Joesler in a Pueblo Revival style.
St. Michael's School Photo #3 - A true marriage of old and new, the school encompasses 21 classrooms built around four traditional Spanish courtyards ornamented with fountains and native plantings.
St. Michael's School Photo #4 - K-8 schools like St. Michael's have a proven advantage for its students: higher academic achievement, higher levels of self-esteem, a positive attitude toward school, better outcomes for 9th graders.
St. Michael's School Photo #5 - The Difference is Balance: Blending Scholarship, Athletics and the Arts
St. Michael's School Photo #6 - Student's participation in sports include pursuing victory with honor according to six core principles: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship.
St. Michael's School Photo #7 - The annual Musical is the marquee performing arts event at St. Michael's School - a culmination of months of rehearsals involving over 30 student performers and weeks of detailed set builds and costume design by dozens of volunteers.
St. Michael's School Photo #8 - St. Michael's integrates local culture and traditions with celebrations and presentations of student learning, including the annual Dia de los Muertos chapel. Ofrendas with pictures of lost loved ones (human and pets) are displayed amongst the sugar skeletons and marigolds.
- St. Michael`s School is a strong and supportive child-centered community, balancing tradition and innovation, and welcoming students and faculty from all social, economic, cultural, and religious backgrounds.
- St. Michael`s strives to instill a foundational love for learning that will persist throughout our students` lives, preparing them to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world as caring, competent, and confident young adults.
- Our teachers create a climate of high expectations, with personal care for each student, in a loving and supportive community.
- Small class sizes allow teachers and students to develop strong, positive relationships characterized by individual attention and differentiation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Collared polo shirt with khaki pants or shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,750|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary tuition: $10,750 Middle School tuition: $11,200|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Matt Teller|
|Admissions Associate||Tracy Holsinger|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, LEGO Engineering, Literary Magazine, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run, Karate
- The difference is balance. St. Michael's School blends scholarship, althetics and the arts to foster excellence in the intellectual, physical, artistic, ethical, and spiritual development of each student in our care. Tradition meets innovation on our historic campus, offering a strong and supportive child-centered community for oever 60 years. Small class sizes allow teachers and students to develop strong, positive relationships characterized by individual attention and differentiation. St. Michael's students, family and staff form a strong community with an authentic sense of belonging.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: PK-8 | 385 students
1800 South Kolb Road
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520) 747-1027 2.2 PK-8
- Tucson Grades: K-12
5870 East 14th Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520) 300-6103 1 K-12
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520) 731-2100 3 K-10
St. Michael's is an outstanding school. The education is well-rounded, holistic and high quality. Character development and values are an important part of school life. The love and care given to my daughter is more than we could have hoped for! Teachers and admin are committed and care for all members of the family. We love the close family feel, small class sizes, and the care given to guiding our daughter through her academic and personal growth and development. We are blessed to be members of the St. Michael`s community and, with our daughter in second grade, we look forward to many more years!
- Posted by Parent - Charlotte
I have always been a big believer in public schools. We chose our home based on the school district. I volunteered extensively every year. Eventually, I had to accept that the standard public school experience was failing my son, despite our best efforts. We acted on a recommendation from our neighbor and enrolled our son at St. Michael's. To say that his two years at this school (7th & 8th grades) transformed his life and trajectory is not an overstatement. His peers were welcoming, his teachers firm but nurturing. All the defenses he had built up from years of bullying fell away once he realized that he was safe and valued. The educational demands and individual expectations are high, but the support is unrivaled. My son excelled academically and in the arts, and was recognized and encouraged as a leader. He is confident and well-prepared for high school and beyond. We love St. Michael's School!
- Posted by Parent - Jim
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.