St Michael's School
St Michael's School Photo #2 - St. Michael`s School is situated on a three-acre campus in east-central Tucson, designed by famed Swiss-born architect Josias T. Joesler in a Pueblo Revival style.
St Michael's School Photo #3 - A true marriage of old and new, the school encompasses 21 classrooms built around four traditional Spanish courtyards ornamented with fountains and native plantings.
St Michael's School Photo #4 - K-8 schools like St. Michael's have a proven advantage for its students: higher academic achievement, higher levels of self-esteem, a positive attitude toward school, better outcomes for 9th graders.
St Michael's School Photo #5 - The Difference is Balance: Blending Scholarship, Athletics and the Arts
St Michael's School Photo #6 - Student's participation in sports include pursuing victory with honor according to six core principles: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship.
St Michael's School Photo #7 - The annual Musical is the marquee performing arts event at St. Michael's School - a culmination of months of rehearsals involving over 30 student performers and weeks of detailed set builds and costume design by dozens of volunteers.
St Michael's School Photo #8 - St. Michael's integrates local culture and traditions with celebrations and presentations of student learning, including the annual Dia de los Muertos chapel. Ofrendas with pictures of lost loved ones (human and pets) are displayed amongst the sugar skeletons and marigolds.
- St. Michael`s School is a strong and supportive child-centered community, balancing tradition and innovation, and welcoming students and faculty from all social, economic, cultural, and religious backgrounds.
- St. Michael`s strives to instill a foundational love for learning that will persist throughout our students` lives, preparing them to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world as caring, competent, and confident young adults.
- Our teachers create a climate of high expectations, with personal care for each student, in a loving and supportive community.
- Small class sizes allow teachers and students to develop strong, positive relationships characterized by individual attention and differentiation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Collared polo shirt with khaki pants or shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,750|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary tuition: $10,750 Middle School tuition: $11,200|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Matt Teller|
|Admissions Associate||Tracy Holsinger|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, LEGO Engineering, Literary Magazine, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run, Karate
- The difference is balance. St. Michael's School blends scholarship, althetics and the arts to foster excellence in the intellectual, physical, artistic, ethical, and spiritual development of each student in our care. Tradition meets innovation on our historic campus, offering a strong and supportive child-centered community for oever 60 years. Small class sizes allow teachers and students to develop strong, positive relationships characterized by individual attention and differentiation. St. Michael's students, family and staff form a strong community with an authentic sense of belonging.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-12
5870 East 14th Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520) 300-6103 1 K-12
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520) 731-2100 3 K-10
- Tucson Grades: PK-8 | 385 students
1800 South Kolb Road
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520) 747-1027 2.2 PK-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.